How would you respond if you received an anon email about an ex saying he is a cheater?

I received an anon email last night from someone telling me my ex is a cheater and doesn't appear to be what he seems. It says he acts like he is monogamous but sleeps with multiple women and is unsafe. How would you respond? Forward to ex? Reply to person and find out more?

I forwarded it and received a msg that someone hacked into his email account and sent out slanderous msgs (including other people he dated). And he said sorry if anyone is bothering you with this etc. please!

41

Most Helpful Girl

• It depends if he's my ex and I'm completley over him and have no intetion on getting back with him again I wouldn't even care. But if your just curious to see what this is all about , I mean it sounds kind of weird to me, I would write back who is this? How do you know? and if they don't want to give any concreate information, then why are they telling you any way? I would then just leave it alone and probably not beleive it.. . . .And depending on you and his relationship like if your still friends, id bring it to his attention just to see his reaction or what he had to say about it!

• I'm torn because when we broke up he put a lot of blame on me that I was holding back but honestly I probably had a lack of trust. I have known him for 9 years and dated him originally then for a few years and then we dated briefly again last year just for a few mths. In some ways this is a gift to relieve any blame I felt. Since that 1st relationship w/me, he said he has only had 3-4 mth relationships. I feel this is the girl right before. Bc I've know him so long, I feel some duty to warn him to abt it.

What Guys Said 1

• It's an ex. It doesn't matter anymore.

• More the unsafe sex part which affects me. . .

What Girls Said 3

• I would just not respond. It could be spam or it could be his way of trying to get a response. You have moved on, just ignore it.

• my advice is, if you are really worried about the unsafe part than go get tested other than that just ignore it. He's you ex so the rest of it doesn't affect you anymore.

• i wouldn't forward it to him. why stir up more drama? just go get tested, if its negative then it was a lie. you probably won't find out the real truth behind it so keep it to yourself

• If its negative doesn't make it a lie, just means no one he had unsafe sex with had a disease. A person can sleep around with thousands of women and have 0 STD's and another person can sleep with 1 and have multiple diseases.. but my answer to this is Its your EX there is a reason he is your ex. if you don't ever plan on being with him then don't worry about it.