Unsure of what to do - can anybody help?

My ex and I have been broken up for a little over a year now, but I still haven't been able to get over her. We talk sometimes and we seem to be friends with one another, but I can't help but think of her as my girlfriend of three and a half years. I can't really talk to her about this because it'll scare her off as it has before. I do want her in my life, even if it is only as a friend, but this is so ridiculously hard and I have noticed that over the past couple of months I have been feeling depressed.

I am in college and should be dating different girls, which I have, but I haven't been able to make a real connection with any of them. It's like there's a piece missing with these girls who seem perfect for me, and that piece shouldn't be missing because the past couple of them have been great.

I am constantly reminiscing of a couple of years back when we were together and everything seemed so perfect in life then. I've had to stop listening a good majority of the music I used to love as it just kills me because it'll end in me remembering her in that special way and what we used to have.

I don't know, I guess I am just looking for some words of encouragement from some different people. Thanks everybody.

20

What Girls Said 2

• Aww, I'm sorry to hear you're so down.

If dating other women isn't working for you right now, then maybe don't for a little while. Take a break from it.

In the meanwhile you do need to do something else - get yourself really absorbed - in something that takes your mind off of dating or your ex or relationships altogether.

Maybe it would help to take a break from the friendship with her for a while too, but I can understand how that would be really hard to do, and why you wouldn't want to.

It seems like things would be better after a year... that's a long time to still be feeling down about this. Have you considered getting help for your depression? There may be bigger issues behind the lingering sadness.

• well first of all, I think that if you love her still, you wouldn't be dating.

my advice is that you wait a while before you start dating again. if ur dating girls and each one is missing something wait a little longer to get to know them before you start dating em. that way you stop disappointing yourself, and maybe that is why you aren't moving on from ur ex.

and another thing. being in college does not mean you SHOULD be dating different girls. it means you 'll be smarter when ur done.

and what type of encouragement are you looking for? if you wanna get back with her id limit ur dating, as this would say you never cared about her.

if you want advice on getting over her, id say you have to wait it out.and my above answer. wait to that till ur over her. otherwise ur just being needy and I'm sorry but "weak" by having to be with a girl to get over her. just wait.

What Guys Said 0