What does it mean if an ex contacts you after months of not talking and wants to hangout and talk?

I was with my ex for about 3 years in a half but overall our relationship was messy. I caught him cheating by talking to other girls and he says he never did anything with them during the times we were together but during our breaks he did his thing. We finally broke up about a year ago but stayed friends. We did hook up once during the summer but we never discussed it ever again. Just recently about three months ago we stopped talking overall because a chick that he was messing with contacted me telling me she was his girlfriend and that to leave him alone. I told her he had never told me anything about her other than her being another girl. I texted him letting him know that I don't appreciate being lied to and that to decide to either speak to her or myself since I am not looking for drama. We then stopped talking and I think he established a relationship with her but today when he called me he kept asking me how I was. Telling me that he is not with her but still keeps in contact with her and that he wants to talk. I told him I am dating someone and I don't know how I feel about that but he insisted that he needs to talk to me. Also I just saw him about two weeks ago since he keeps in contact with my brothers and when I saw him I just gave him his stuff and walked away without telling him anything. So when he called me he was like you hate me that much. So now I'm just wondering whether I should even go talk to him and why is he contacting me now.

12

What Guys Said 2

• He wants to get back together

• What makes you think that? If you don't mind me asking

• Why else would he want to talk? He wants to test the waters and see if you're open to the idea

• There is no need to contact him anymore. He had his chance and many, he let you go many times, he doesn't love you; he's just needy. You don't have to prove him or anyone anything.

What Girls Said 1

• If you're 100% sure nothing is going to happen then i say go for it. But if youe the least bit unsure then dont. can't you talk over phone? Especially since you're taken, consider all the options