Why is FB now suggesting I friend my ex?

I'm not friends with my ex on Facebook. She recently just broke up with her boyfriend. Now Facebook is always suggesting I friend her. I'll even go on a friend's page, and she will be the first picture to pop up in their friends list, even though I have 50 mutual friends with that friend. Why is FB now suggesting all the time, I friend my ex? It did not do this the last two years, only now when she became single. Also, I do not have her phone number, and I haven't been on her page in years.

42

Most Helpful Girl

• It's just an algorithm. You must have liked a lot of the same things.

• What is the algorithm?

• So weird how one liked post, a month a go, does this.

• It's just an algorithm. You have a lot of mutual friends, I'm guessing, and now that she's liked something of yours, she comes up as a suggestion. Computers don't understand context.

Most Helpful Guy

• block him. problem solved.

Facebook is suggesting an ex because it runs algorithms on common friends and the likelihood of you two knowing each other. Unfortunately, facebook programmers are not intelligent enough to realize that if you've just unfriended someone, chances are, you don't want to re-friend them.

What Girls Said 3

• Because you have mutual friends. That's about it.

• How would we know? Just ignore it

• Fb wants to get you laid

Try changing ur status to in a relationship. Maybe it will stop XD

What Guys Said 1

• Have you installed whatsapp recently? It also influences suggestions

• Nope

• I think that you're thinking that she's been checking your profile or smth. I don't think there's a way to know if that's a cause.

It really is by the ammount of mutual friends