He won't let me end our relationship.. What in the heck is he thinking?

I am 29 years old and have been seeing this 32 year old man for about a month. He told me twice that I would look so pretty when/if I lost some weight (How rude). I let him know it hurt my feelings and he apologized over and over. But then a week later he said it Again. I have broken up with him and had a serious talk with him. He acts like we are together. He says he loves me. He is currently visiting his family in Ghana and told them we are engaged?

1. Why won't he accept the break up?
2. If he thinks I am too heavy for him... why keep trying to date me?

I feel like no matter what he doesn't get the message. I had a nice discussion with him and even asked him why he would try so hard to be with someone who doesn't want to be with him. I have tried ignoring him. I have tried being very MEAN and sent him pictures of me kissing another guy. NOTHING works.

What can I do?

• He doesn't take me seriously
  • He is manipulating me to forever be with him
  • There is a big culture difference with this African man and me (small town white lady)
    Vote C

22

Most Helpful Guy

• He does sound like the manipulative type to be trying to break you down like that. Be very careful around people like that. You did the right thing. I would suggest instead of ignoring etc. start disabling the methods in which this man can talk to you. IE phone number etc

Most Helpful Girl

• He seems possessive and controlling. Tell him one last time it's over and that he's being stalkerish and to leave you alone but if it continues you may have to report him.

What Guys Said 1

• Just tell the FBI that he's part of Boko Haram. Problem solved.

What Girls Said 1

• He doesn't deserve you sweetheart.. just grab your purse and heels and move on.. love is a great thing..

If he can't love you for who you are right now... just let go..