Will he come back?

i was seeing this guy for a few months. things started not working out, not because I didn't love him but because he just didn't have enough time for me.

yesterday I went over to his place and told him that I needed to break up. he said he understood and that he wished he could give me more right now, but he just can't. then he told me that I deserved better than him. well, once it started to hit him that I was being serious about breaking things off, he started to get a little worried so he was like "well what are you gonna do" and I said I'd be so stupid to stay with him when he himself told me I deserve better.

so there were no tears or yelling, just some "I'm sorry"s and "thanks for understanding"s and "I'll miss you"s

I'd be lying if I said I didn't wish that he'd have fought for me and told me I was worth it when I told all of this to him. but he didn't. now I'm wondering what's going through his head. was it all that easy for him? and did my maturity make him rethink things? I miss him... should I just keep living and hope he comes back around? what are the chances?

05

Most Helpful Guy

• he's not coming back. Especially when a guy is calm like that, if he just says okay see ya, he's not going to come chasing you. I've done that to a girl before and personally it was absolutely hilarious to see her reaction when she realized she had just dumped me and I wasn't going to freak out and beg to get back with her. She even asked why I wasn't visibly upset. Day later she calls me, and says hey I made a mistake, can we get back together? Nope, sorry I decided I'm going to stop dating for awhile.

What you need to do, is not screw up the relationship, and be unhappy in the first place to the point where you go and break up with him just to see what happens.

What Guys Said 4

• I think he has his own issues to deal with and is unable to handle a relationship right now. He knows he is unable to give you what "he thinks" you should get (not necessarily what you want). So, you can not expect passionate chasing from him.

"You can take a horse to water but not make him drink." He is not in a right mental frame for a relationship. So, find some one else.

• Come back around? You broke it off. If you want him back you need to go back to him, not the other way around.

• Hehe, he must be relieved, chances are he thought about breaking up with you and you just did the job for him.

• You're dumb as hell. He's not going to fight you because he's not a bitch. If you want him back then you've gotta' take that step and apologize.

Women are always pulling this faux breakup sh*t and I don't know why.

What Girls Said 0