My husband called me, his mother, and aunt bitches and cunts in front of our daughters, said all women are, how do I deal with that?

My husband took our whole family including his mother, aunt, aunts boyfriend, our 4 daughters and our adult daughters boyfriend on a Christmas cabin vacation. During a board game our 14 year old daughter became frustrated, stormed off yelling and back talking. My husband and I were stunned and embarrassed. My mother in law and husbands aunt went to the kitchen and my husbands mom very loudly was saying "My kids never acted this way...", I went down to correct my daughter and my husband came in angry, stopped me and told me to go upstairs. The aunt was telling the MIL to shut up, blah, blah. I began to cry and left the room. My husband came up and began a tirade that included saying we all are spoiled bitches, all women are bitches and cunts. Every woman in the world can't get along. Men are better than women... All while our daughters ages 9, 10, 15 and 23 were in earshot. The 23 year old was bawling and took the kids out. She later said the youngest of the family said if Dad hates women will he hate us too when we are older. He was out of control and had been drinking all day. He said he would never ever feel the same about me, his mom and aunt again. He makes the money so he tells us what to do. He proceeds to say the children come first, his wife, mom and everyone else is second. He threatened to take the kids Christmas Day and leave. He gets up The next day and we are all expected to act as if nothing happened. I have lost respect and love and don't think I can live this way anymore. He is very controlling and because he is the breadwinner expects us to not voice or express dissatisfaction of any kind. I have a chronic illness that there is no cure for and I can't live up to his expectations and feel I'd be better off divorced and sharing custody of the kids. By the way, in front of others and the public he is thought of as the best guy on the planet and I'm told every day how lucky I am to have him. I will be the bad guy in the breakup publicly. So torn and so

• Is it ever ok to call your mom and wife a cunt?
  • Should you work out a marriage with a man that clearly hates women?

02

What Guys Said 2

• I don't know your situation any further than this story. But, people say things sometimes. And if you add drugs and alcohol, that never helps anything. I'd just say, before you actually leave... maby TRY to express to him that he has already made the mistake, and absolutely HAS to make sure it first: isn't true, and second: never happens again. As I said, I can't imagine being in your position.. But I truly wish you and your family the best outcome which ever one it ends up being.

• Sounds like he was really angry and maybe a little drunk. Sit him down tell him its ok if he blows up at you, but he NEEDS to talk to the young girls and reassure them that he was just mad, he didn't mean it and he truly does love them. All parents blow up like this on occasion, but when they do they need to remember that the children might not realize what is going on, and take what they said seriously, and that they really do hate them. I remember thinking that a couple of times when I was younger.

What Girls Said 0