Guys: What are your thoughts after a break up?

I am wondering what you guys are thinking after you break up with a girl if it was a mutual break up but you still care for each other? If you never had sex but did everything else except that, does that change what you think/feel about her? What specifically goes through you mind -- esp if you still see her once or twice a week?

13

Most Helpful Guy

• Yeah of course, if its mutual and there is no reason for any bad feelings then I would still care about her and be happy to spend time with her.

You need ground rules though so that neither one of you is still secretly hoping it will work out as that kind of thing causes problems.

• Yeah, that is a problem. I keep wishing it could be more again but I am too scared to tell him that. We work together so there is no escaping -- not that I want to -- but it just makes it hard to see him. Thanks for your answer.

What Guys Said 2

• The aftermath of the last girl I was involved with left me thinking about her all the time. When I didn't think of her in the day, I'd dream about her - how's that for corny? I literally couldn't escape and it would mess with my head. I still have a few feelings for her but after a break up, it's head over heart - I know these feelings are wasted so the best thing to do is move on and find somebody who won't agree to a mutual break up.

• Okay, you sound like me. I can't get this guy out of my head so I was trying to find out if there are any guys out there who are like me. I dream about him too. No, its not corny--you have no control over your dreams! Is it easier for guys to go to "head over heart" than girls cause I cant' seem to do that. And, how long before you could start putting your head over your heart? Its been 5 mos. & I still thinks about him all the time. Doesn't help seeing him so much-work together so can't excape.

• When to do it is when you realise that person is gone. They're not coming back unless it's by chance (fate doesn't exist in the dating game, only in fairytales where it belongs) and even then, they still aren't the same person - why, you ask? Because they don't see you like they used to.

It's not a gender thing at all; I've had my heart broken a million times so it was more routine than anything.

• If it was a mutual break up, there are no hurt feelings and I would be quite fine meeting a couple of times a week.

What Girls Said 1

• Well from a girls perspective witch you may not want a guy you brake up with sees that you are okay and moved on worries them!They expect you to be so crushed and if your not then they may want you more I went through that!When the guy saw I still party ed it crushed him when I talked to him after the brake up and if he sees you once a week or twice then maybe he still wants you seeing how you dealt with things plus a guy wants what they can't have just like us its human nature they still think of you unless they moved on and is seeing someone else its not about the sex its about the chemistry