What should I do about my ex?

Broke up after a year long off and on. Go to different colleges but we'll both be home this weekend. Haven't talked to her since the breakup a couple days ago. She cheated on me months ago and I can't get over it but I'm still in love with her. Its valentines day on Sunday and I just need advice what to do or say if she contacts me this weekend or week.

42

Most Helpful Guy

• let say she says, happy valentines day...i would respond with just 'thanks'...bro she cheated on you, I understand that sucks and I understadn you cannot change who you are in love with...youre heart knows what it wants and it won't change who it loves...but you need time, you gotta get this crap out your head - if she wants you back, if she wants you to gain her trust again she will put out the effort...if she doesn't then screw it - now look she may not say anything to you on vday and expect you to say something - she may be hard headed like my ex was on christmas when I finally texted her merry xmas and she replied back thanks you too...i was like ok that's it? but then the next day she called and said all she was doing all day was waiting for me to say merry xmas and she replied so shortly because she was trying to play it cool,...girls are weird man and very hard to understand...take this slow...who broke up with who? - just be cool and relaxed - do things to get her off ur mind...its horrible she cheated on you, but you need to REMOVE yoruself from her life in order for her to actually know if she loves you and regrets what she did...if you keep communication going she's going to think - oh ok hell always be here...now I'm not saying destroy communication completely...but for a while...id say 3-4 weeks ONLY let her contact you, you want her to know ur hurt but you cannot let her back into your life easy otherwise shell walk all over you...if you do get back together youve got to well I hope youd trust her before you did get back together, but youve got to put the past behind you and live for the future...i know it will be hard but if you really love her and eventually trust her again and she's proven that youve got to get over the past...anyways I hope this helps - keep ur distance, if she texts you don't respond back right away, give it an hr or 2 so she oesn thtink you weren't busy, you want her to think sh*t is he moving on and away from me already what the hell is he doing - short and simple answers will make her feel liek you don't care anymore and really make her think if cheating on you was worth it...when you do reply keep it short and simple...dont go back and fourth texting/talking for hours...good luck man

• I know man...my friend told me the same thing....i don't wanna be the rebound if it doesn't workout with her next guy....but what if she msgs me and just says something like hey.... or yo...

• Wait a few hours...lets say she texts you at like 11am, wait till like 4 and be like 'what up'...lets say she text you at like 7pm, wait till the next day (like if she knows when you get up wait an hr after you get up) and be like yo what up...shell say something like hey what's going on or whatever, then wait 15-20 min and be like my bad I was busy last night, everything ok?....blah blah - make sure you do not respond right after as you guys probably used to....give 10-15 min btwn each text

• Damn limited text cut me off....anyways you wanna make sure you show her she's not your priority anymore and that you're keeping yourself busy...stay tru to your heart...you wnat her back because YOU want to be happy...remember that you are looking out for yourself here man...you are doing what you feel will make YOU happy...dont over do anything - take ur time, stay busy, start working out if you don't already - I did and I feel great - esp for the fact summers comin up ;) ladies ladies lol

What Girls Said 4

• she cheated on you. if you are scared you're going to get cheated on again, forget her.

you should just see if she's still interested in you.

I personally find Valentine's day to be too over rated, but anyways.

if you guys keep in touch, talk about how her relationship status is, I suppose.

and if she's moved on, then let that be. besides, she cheated on you. do you really want someone who might most likely cheat on you to be with you?

• Well all I can say is if you still live her. Tell her. But if your afraid of being hurt, you only have one chance so make your choice wisely. I messed up by not doing things right :(

• Be friendly but nothing more, let her make the jump from friendly to more than friends, but be wary because she did cheat before, not that she would definitely do it again but there is a high chance that she would

• move on.

What Guys Said 1

• Sounds like you needed closure. I hope you got it. If not, I think it's time to tell her how you feel. Get it off your chest. You might get turned down, but it's better than keeping it within.