Should you always fight for love?

Pretty straightforward. I lost my girlfriend - and i want her back. I have talked to her, and she has moved on. I somewhat believe her, but i also dont. But that's not the point. It's been almost two months since she broke it off with me, and i can't get her out of my mind. And i know she is the girl i wanna spend my life with and use all my energy to make her happy. I am however getting told by everyone i should move on. But i feel like i would regret it. What if she was the one, and i let her go? I would regret that for the rest of my life. I don't want to settle in my 30's for someone, just because im getting older, and i sort of have to, because it's last call. So, should i fight for it, or leave it? I know im risking getting hurt even more, but to me, she is worth it, no question about it.

I'm by the way meeting her on the 9th of January. What to do?

12

What Girls Said 1

• ... you're 16. This isn't your "last call." If she's moved on then she's moved on. Maybe you should too.

• I would probably say my age doesn't matter. If you love someone, you love them. 16 or 60. But i dont feel like i should

• I'm saying you have plenty of life to live to think just one girl will be the last one. And to worry so much over it.

What Guys Said 2

• "Should you always fight for love?"
    NO. ABSOLUTELY NO.
    It depends on whether the person you love actually deserves it. If you feel something is off.. Or you know you are in love with the wrong person, you should LET GO.

• That makes sense. She just cancelled our appointment since she didn't want to do it for fun, and she didn't see any reason for it.

• Unfortunately - and this is no shit - i was the one not deserving of her. But i know i deserve her know. I couldnt see my mistakes when i kept making them, but fuck i do know. And i would do everything to have another chance. Unfortunately for me, the game is over. I called her mother to ask, if she was cool with me stopping by just to say what was on my mind, she said yeah, but she would talk to her daughter first. She then called my folks, and the door is closed. My ex just didn't know how to end it. She didn't want to make it seem like the door was open, but she also wanted to break up in the nicest way possible.

• Well then.. I don't know what to say now.

• "You've got to work for love..."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JN5_OK7PEC4