I wished my ex a happy new year and I'm not sure if I should have?

He broke up with me almost a year ago. We were on a good terms up until a month ago when he got drunk and came to my house to beg me to take him back. I told him that we can talk when he is sober. After that he claimed that he doesn't remember anything. He then decided to cut me off completely by disappearing and giving me the silent treatment. I knew that was his way of saying goodbye. Well last night I got a bit drunk and I sent him "I know we don't talk anymore, but I wish you a happy new year anyways. Take care." and he responded within a minute "You as well, happy new year!". And that was it. Was it bad? Did it seemed pathetic of me? Like he dumped me then dumped me again as a friend and then I wish him a happy new year, urgh. I feel kind of stupid.

We were together for 3 years and we spent last 3 new years eve's together. I just felt nostalig, that's why I did it.

13

Most Helpful Guy

• Within a minute? Why dont you try think bout it this way. You just made some1 happy and thats it.

Most Helpful Girl

• Don't wish about it your fine

What Guys Said 2

• Don't worry it's fine

• You're over thinking it. What you did was just simply a good gesture and if anything makes you the better person

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!