How to get over a guy?

Any tips on how to move on? My situation is a bit complex we never dated one another but we liked each other for a very, very long time. We used to talk and text to each other all the time, but several months ago we've talked less and less.

I've text him twice in the last several months and haven't heard from him. Maybe he lost interest, who knows I have no idea. Which is odd because he used to tell me that I was one of a kind, gorgeous, text each other until five in the morning, we had so much in common. It sucks to know that he's probably no longer interested in me.

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

42

Most Helpful Girl

• I was in exactly the same situation about 4 months ago, it lasted for 5-6 months and i liked him beyond words etc. I am now over him and it is the best feeling ever... that is due to closure. You need closure, because at the minute you are wondering why things have fizzled out etc and wondering if he even likes you anymore. Talk to him, try to make conversation and see how things lie. If he really liked you he would work for it and pursue something with you. I hope things work out, if not you will find someone who is better and realise that this was just a learning stepping stone in life :).

• I've tried contacting him but nothing. But thank you for your kind words, it means a lot.

• well then you should try moving on... you can say you have tried and what more can you do than try. If he is being like this for some reason then you should try get over him. Don't view his social media etc, try and erase him out of your life for a while until you are ready. It gets a lot easier once you start to get over them and you will feel a lot better :). It all just takes time and you never know what is around the corner. Happy New Year, all the best x

What Guys Said 2

• Try to move on.
    If he truly meant those things he will come back to you.
    If he didn't mean it he won't come back.

• Flirt with new guys..

What Girls Said 3

• Aw I'm sorry to hear about this situation you're in. Look on the bright side though, this guy was obviously not worth your time and there is definitely someone better out there for you. Someone who will always reply to your texts and that will never lose interest in you.

Just keep focusing on that and keep yourself busy with friends or take up a new hobby. They all really help in getting over a guy.

• Just know that there's something out there for you and try and stay positive, sometimes we think someone is great for us, but the fantasy can be better than the reality

• It's never easy when you want something that isn't really there anymore.

What I did was distract myself. I went back to the gym, called my girls and took care of myself. I wrote down my feelings and realized that I felt a lot of emotions throughout the journey.

Every since we have separated, I have never felt so happy.