After dumping someone, do you check their online profiles?

Let's say you did end the relationship and you guys only dated for a short while anyway (under 5 months) or it was only physical for you but more for the dumpee. Do you still check out that person's Whatsapp picture/ Instagram/ Facebook/ Tumblr/ Snapchat whatever, doesn't matter. Just, do you check up on them without contacting them? Do you feel the urge to say hello sometimes or never think of them again?

It's normal for the one getting dumped/rejected to occasionally stalk/check out but I wonder how the one doing the dumping feels and acts. I have been dumped a few times in my life and the guys always came back and messaged me again, some wanted another chance even though they were the one rejecting/dumping me. So I know they must have been checking me virtually out a few times but still, I am curious how you guys feel.

27

Most Helpful Guy

• I got dumped a couple of months back, in the beginning I was obsessed with checking their facebook and other things, re reading the last texts, but not so much. I don't contact a woman that leaves me for no reason, it's counter productive. I do feel the urge to contact them, but rage kicks in and I gladly dismiss the urge. she calls me up every other week and I answer, ugh

Most Helpful Girl

• I did that and it really doesn't help. I even went on his new girl's profile (ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh -.-) I blocked all the pages to refrain myself to do it again and removed my accounts.

Since then, I am mentally sane.

I don't have the urge to contact him, just see how he is doing.

What Guys Said 6

• I think it's a sign of immaturity. You want to know what's going on with her then reach out to her and ask

• Hell no move on girl don't keep checking his profiles.

• If I dump someone there is no reason wanting to hear any of them. But sometimes the schadenfreude (didn't know they took this german word to English noice) gets to me.

• I do my best to block them so I don't do that.

• Notta chance... once it is done, it is done. Move on!

• i did that when i was totally lost and confused, i liked her and loved her (there were 3 of them) i still sometimes lookup two of them but lost the 2nd- one no traces left

What Girls Said 1

• Yea , am a spy but in earlier stages of the breakup tho. When I fully get over them , I dont.