Should I congratulate my EX or nah?

So me and my ex broke up for two weeks ago. We were in a relationship for almost 3 years. The break up wasn't bitter at all, we are friends but are having a break from talking (no contact) even if we have texted twice and talked on the phone once... As much as I want us both to have the space we need... it is his birthday soon. Should I say congratulations? I am scared he won't say it back on my birthday which is only some days after his... I don't know. I don't want to seem to attached to him still.. What to do?

31

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't think there's anything wrong with wishing him a happy birthday

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't see any point, if theyre not presently in your life and there is no reason to remain in contact, forget it, he most likely won't be wondering why you haven't text.

What Guys Said 0

The only opinion from guys was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!

What Girls Said 2

• If you're still friends with him then there's no harm in wishing him a happy birthday. That's what friends do.

• We are friends, but having a break cause we are still not over each other... so it is kinda awkward also

• Ya but saying happy birthday is fine. If you think it will be too awkward, then don't say anything but I think it's fine.

• I think you should go no contact, otherwise in your heart you will never be able to let him go

• I really can't decide. I don't want to do it to be honest cause I want us to get over each other before making a real friendship, but I am sure he will give me dirt for it one day (or on my birthday) for not saying anything cause we are supposed to have a "peaceful vibe between us.."

• I just think you will never get over somebody and move on if you still hold a torch for them and act like a friend, can ex lovers ever really be friends? I don't think so