How is it that you deal with break ups?
PEOPLE OF ALL AGES
Most Helpful Guy
1) Come to a mutual understanding about the situation.
- When I was younger, there were multiple relationships were a breakup was just something to do. There were always lingering feelings and ways to snake back into those gooey feelings. If we're done, we're done. Period.
2) Stop contacting for 2-3 weeks to seal off any "I'm lonely" feelings.
- Immediately following a recent breakup, a majority of individuals think that other people may not be interested in who they are. I was there, and I laugh at myself for thinking that way even now, because I know otherwise. Truth -> There are other people in this world, show them who they are so they have an opportunity to "have an interest" in you.
3) Indeed move on - Get another relationship / etc
- Don't repeat the juvenile ways of living life. If you want to move on- do it. Don't push your heart into an area that says "I hate him" on the outside- with "i love him" on the inside... Meaning- Move on if you want to. If you don't want to move on- don't breakup to begin with.
4) Resume civil conversations if necessary.
- If you work with the person, don't throw them glares. We're more mature than that now. Though there are some individuals that deserve those glares- I won't name which, it's not my place.