How is it that you deal with break ups?

How is it that you deal with break ups?

PEOPLE OF ALL AGES

04

Most Helpful Guy

• 1) Come to a mutual understanding about the situation.

- When I was younger, there were multiple relationships were a breakup was just something to do. There were always lingering feelings and ways to snake back into those gooey feelings. If we're done, we're done. Period.

2) Stop contacting for 2-3 weeks to seal off any "I'm lonely" feelings.

- Immediately following a recent breakup, a majority of individuals think that other people may not be interested in who they are. I was there, and I laugh at myself for thinking that way even now, because I know otherwise. Truth -> There are other people in this world, show them who they are so they have an opportunity to "have an interest" in you.

3) Indeed move on - Get another relationship / etc

- Don't repeat the juvenile ways of living life. If you want to move on- do it. Don't push your heart into an area that says "I hate him" on the outside- with "i love him" on the inside... Meaning- Move on if you want to. If you don't want to move on- don't breakup to begin with.

4) Resume civil conversations if necessary.

- If you work with the person, don't throw them glares. We're more mature than that now. Though there are some individuals that deserve those glares- I won't name which, it's not my place.

~ ArtistBBoy

• Very well said, I too agree.

What Guys Said 3

• I keep myself busy by going out with friends, hanging out, and not letting myself fall into isolation.

• How I do it:

1. I accept my emotions, and realize that I have lost.

2. I enter into grief, and grieve my loss. This can take some time.

3. I admit to myself that this person is not everyone else, and understand that it is okay to love others.

4. I accept my emotions and realize that I have grown beyond this pain.

5. I accept myself and am healed.

• Great feedback. I agree.

• Get drunk.

What Girls Said 0