Pregnant and confused?

I'm not with the father, he walked out when I was 3mths pregnant. My question is that considered abandonment in regards to a judge, now that I only have 4wks left, he tho is he is gonna come in and take her for weekend stays etc. he has a girlfriend now, I just dony know what to do

32

Most Helpful Guy

• Given that he walked out when you were 3 months along and he has a girlfriend at present I doubt that he will want anything to do with his child. Still he'll have to sign off on his parental rights. If he's asked to pay child support (by the State) he may give you grief and want visitation.
    Check with a family law attorney. It's not too soon to see one.

Most Helpful Girl

• Legally, unless you two were married at the time you got pregnant, him not being in a relationship throughout the pregnancy is not technically considered abandonment (although this may vary based on where you reside). Request a paternity test right away--even if you are certain he is the father. You can sometimes delay the visits until after paternity has been established. The downside to this is that not all judges look favorably on that stalling technique, because that's really all it is. You can also request supervised visits, although the judge will probably only grant this if you can prove that he he may be a flight risk or a danger to your child. What it all boils down to is that it is as much his child as it is yours.

What Guys Said 1

• Getting a lawyer will cost some money. But not getting one will cost you much more. Find an attorney and let the attorney sort it out. It really will be a lot cheaper if you do that now.

What Girls Said 2

• Oh hell no! Girl he walked out on u when u were 3 months pregnant. he's an ass who does that? Thats saying that he dont wanna be there to deal with it. So he picked up a new girlfriend to take his mind off... Childish if you ask me.

Even tho he is the father of your child he can't expect to waltz back in and you would be cool with it. You gotta take a stand and tell him what it is and how its gonna be.
    And one thing I'll advise you not to do: don't stop your child from seeing her father but be cautious and smart with it.

• Did he decide to have something to do with the child because of his new girlfriend or was it his idea?