What should I do?

My mom and her boyfriend are breaking up. My mom, sister, two dogs, and I live with him and his two kids under the age of 10. My mom doesn't make any money. My dad lives an hour away and gives us $200 in child support each week. Right now there are a lot of mights. We might have to give up our dogs. We might have to change schools. We might have to live with my dad (me and my sister). We might lose everything. Separations/divorce is a major trigger for me. My parents got divorced almost 4 years ago and i still deal with depression and anxiety because of it and their divorce was really pleasant as far as divorce goes. I'm scared.

34

Most Helpful Guy

• You as yound teen should do nothing. It's upto your parents to sort this out.
    It's not like you'll end up homeless. You still have your dad.

Just don't worry about it.

• Any decision they make affects me. My mom needs my sister and I's help. Everything is falling apart

• And if i fear losing my dog then what? I honestly think i would have killed myself by now without her.

• Really? Dude, that's not healthy at all.

You need to turn your life around! Seriously it's very concerning, talk to your mom about how you feel.

Most Helpful Girl

• It'll all work out. That might all happen but it'll be fine. Your mom will need to get a job.

• They thought the divorce would work out and i still can't deal with that. I don't want my parents back together, its just the feelings and lack of security i deal with now. I relied on them to be together.

• That's on you. Not them. You need to learn how to handle it.

What Guys Said 3

• Despite your unfortunate situation, you do not have to sit idly by and wait for something to happen. Look at it this way... you are 15 right now. No matter what happens, after 3 years, you will be 18 years old and you'll be considered a grown adult. Whatever family problems your mother has, at least you can leave the nest and make a better life for yourself. I too had divorced parents when I was around 10, and that was the thought that got me through those long years. It may be stressful, but it's not the end of the world.

Let's assume they break up. I'm assuming it'll just be you, your sister and mother. If money's tight... guess what? You can work a part time job. Not surprisingly, millions of teenagers work while in high school. While many earn that money for their own spending, you may have to suck it up and work to pay for food and a roof over your head. Fortunately, if you do that, I believe it gives character and will turn you into an independent hard working adult.

Don't worry about the change in lifestyle. Whether you need to give up your dogs, or change schools or move to a smaller home... etc, it's all part of life. You are neither the first, or last human being to be in this situation.

Look for ways to improve your situation. Get a part-time job to help the family. If home is a bad place to be, volunteer after school hours at local community centers where you will find support through others. Don't lose sight that your education is your ticket to a better future, so don't neglect your schoolwork either. Just keep yourself busy and productive. Your situation is only temporary.

• I love them. I don't think i will ever leave

• Damn, I am sorry you have this much uncertainty and instability in your life right now. It's not right. :/

• Its so hard. I don't know where I'm going to end up. I don't know how much I'm going to lose. I don't know if i can get through this.

• Dear friend, I sorry for you. But, you can work out. Work is not shame. You can do waitresses. I work out to me.

What Girls Said 2

• What should you do? Realize that the only thing you can control is how you react to whatever comes next for you.

You and your sister should not be brought into their relationship problems. It's up to your mom and dad to do their very best to see you and your sister through these life changes.

• That sounds like a tough situation I'm sorry for you. It's a hell of a lot to deal with. I guess the best thing you can do for yourself is focus on your own life and know that someday you will be away from all the worry, try and focus on your studies and doing well. I'm sorry