How to move on?

My heart is hurting so bad. And I miss him so much. How did you personally "quickly" move on?

Thank you all so much! Even the non serious ones really made me laugh.

59

Most Helpful Guy

• # Step 1
    The first thing I do is embracing I cannot switch off my feelings for her like a switch light. Recognising my inability to effect a desirable change is itself relieving.

# Step 2
    I feel the hurtful feelings of breaking up rather than diverting attention from them. It doesn't matter if it takes a day, week or month. Diverting focus from the hurtful feelings only decelerate the recovery process.

# Step 3
    I accept she is no longer with me, instead of nursing hope and fighting for her to come back. This is the biggest mistake I made in my first breakup. It only heightens the pain and prolongs the recovery process.

# Step 4
    I focus on the good memories she brought to my life, and on things I would have loved to experience with her. This shifts my mind from hurtful to positive emotions. The mistake I made with my first breakup is I focused on her frailties to convince myself she wasn't beautiful enough. I was merely lying to myself because if she wasn't good enough I won't have been with her in the first place.

# Step 5
    I remove items (e. g. clothes, cosmetics, pictures, etc.) that I associate with her. I also block and delete all her phone number, email address and other forms of communication like whatsapp, etc., including the contacts of some of her friends.

# Step 6
    While carrying out the above five steps I engage quite a lot in activities, such as meditation, running, gym and strolling in the woods and park. I set important activities to do daily, and focus on completing them.

# Step 7
    I draw inspiration from my first breakup. I flash my mind back and challenge my behaviours and thoughts. My world didn't crumble. I dated beautiful girls after that. I then flash my mind back to current breakup. It then suddenly changes my perspective, confidence and mood. It's like telling myself I have been through this before, and came out stronger 6 to 12 months after the breakup.

Most Helpful Girl

• I just mop around and cry a little!

• BEN AND JERRY COOKIES AND MILK! yummy! Now that can fix a nightmare! haha! Also mac and cheese! Watch romantic flicks!

What Guys Said 8

• I'm still going through that myself but I've been hanging out with my childhood friends and family everyday for the past three weeks and that's been a big help keeps me distracted

• It'll hurt for a short while but you will eventually move on, it would take a number of days, maybe weeks.

Guys get over it quickly but hurt later on...
    It's the opposite for girls!

• You Already got enough information that will only help forget him for minutes or hours but the best medicine to forget him is time it may take months but the pain will stop

• connect with someone

• embrace your emotions so that you will let them go

• Find a monkey branch and fuck his brains out.

• Is it a time period for a guy to move on after a breakup?

• Wiskey and casual sex

What Girls Said 4

• There's no quick remedy for a broken heart. The only way to move on is to let go of the hurt. So you have to be patient with yourself. Time doesn't heal a broken heart , it's what you do with your time which heals it.

This is a cliche, but... by keeping active and busy with your mind focused on things other than him will help the hurt to fade. Gradually you'll think about him less. ❤💕

• Find something to take your mind off him and keep busy. Start a new show, find a new game, take a class, try cooking at home more, go work out, basically whatever works for you.

• To quickly move on, the best thing to do is have no contact with the person, distractions, and socialise keep busy.

• Their is literally no easy way; it's hard to move on, personally have been trying to move on for about 10 months now. You need to distract yourself do something you love for example it's dancing for me. But also if you are ready to move on start having flings with guys but make sure they know you aren't 100% serious