Breaking up by text message?

me and this guy has been talking for about 2 months. No kiss yet and no exclusivity yet. Last time I brought it up, he said we were "getting to know each other". Well I don't have many feelings for him anymore and I think we are just too different now. I have gone on a couple of dates with another guy and it seems to be going well. On top of that we haven't really hung out recently. We really haven't talked since the 31st. When I confronted him he said he didn't have his phone on him. On the 1st I decided to wait it out to see if he texts me and it's currently the 6th and we haven't communicated since. Me and him are both introverts but I don't think its working anymore.

I want to talk to him in person but he works days and I work evenings so there isn't really time to meet up and we really don't go out on traditional dates. Because of that I was wondering if it would be okay for me to just text him and let him know that I'm just not interested anymore?

• Texting is okay in this situation
  • no
  • other
    Vote C

87

Most Helpful Guy

• I broke up twice without giving any explanation, just by starting to avoid her.
    I still feel uneasy about it.
    But one was simply too young and didn't believe that. I broke up before the first kiss)
    The other one was too prudish.

Most Helpful Girl

• ... And we haven't communicated since...
    Let sleeping dogs for now, why open up a smelly can of worms if this is the case and no face?
    However, if he decides to find the time to Push a button on his own end, my friend, simply tell him you are really busy at this time, have family issues, and you will be in touch when you can. And it could be too he is sending signals to you in his own way of perhaps ending this as well, I can tell.
    I am sure this will end any 'Issues' you were having with this guy with no try. No need to go barking up the wrong tree with thee, it seems you have found a new pup and this is now what is up.
    Good luck and start off the new year, dear. xx

What Guys Said 6

• Do it either in person or by actually talking to him over the phone. Don't do it via texting, Facebook, or anything like that.

• lol both introverts? thats not really an excuse to let a relationship go, take some action. Anyways since you two are breaking up calling would be best.

• At least write a letter, if that's how you're going to do it -- or a card. But the best way is to do it in person or at least by phone so he can at least share what he thinks and get closure. People these days have no class.

• You should do it in person because it's more respectful. If he had done something wrong such as cheat on you or hit you then a text message will suffice.

• Wake up early or stay up late.

• call him with a phone

What Girls Said 7

• I experienced something terrible, my ex did the break up without notice: he stopped the communication by phone, our main way for keeping it.

After six days of no contact, I called him and sent him a message, but he didn't answer, so I sent him a Last message.

All this has left me terrible, sad, doubting and insecure about if the relationship really is over.

Due to my experience, please try to settle a day so you can talk about it, if it is impossible, then try to talk it by phone. You can also optate for the message, if you feel you can't do it in person, Just put in the beginning and in short why you can't in person.

Just remember That no matter how things end, the worst thing is to end things without any notice.

• Texting is ok but why not just move on? You weren't even dating. Based on the description, you were two people getting to know each other.
    What were you "confronting" him on when he said he didn't have his phone on him?

• I think you should just move on. It seems like it's dying off anyway. If he ends up texting you, just say that you don't think you guys should go out anymore and leave it at that. It wasn't even a relationship. You were just going out. I don't think you need to say anything to him.

• I would. It's only been two months and you rarely see each other and contact between the two of you has basically ceased. I don't see a problem with it.

• I think end it with a phone call or in person is the most respectful way. I don't know the actual reasons behind him not contacting you : it could be that he's busy (over-concentrate on work) or no longer interested in dating you ; Both introverts , I think if you know this , you can make the first move by contacting him , relationship is not about waiting , fight for chances , but see if he changes after your attempts. If not end it. I can see that your interest for him had deteriorated, I think it's the guilt that you feel for him , you know deep down he's not the Mr. Right for you, you just want to let him down gentle, so it's best to end it in person. Tell him that the truth about the relationship, no BS like you're a good guy. Tell him your feelings

• Just call.
    Not too hard and also not the easy way out.

• I think you shouldn't say anything.. Sounds like he's not into you either.