Is this a step towards moving on?

Here's a bit of back story. Sorry about the length. We've been broken up for a little over a year now. He left me. The first few months were rough, what with him alternating between multiple girls and always wanting to give me all the details of his new 'relationships'. He's been with his current girlfriend since May though, so no more of that. I cut off contact in August and have only broken that once to wish him and his family a happy Christmas, to which he happily responded.

My problem is, despite not speaking to him, not seeing him (a stroke of luck, as he lives very close by) and trying to date other men, I still feel for him as I did during the whole of our 15 month relationship. I love him more than I should and would willingly spend the rest of my life with him. This break up has been good for me; it has opened my eyes to what went wrong and how to improve those things, and it also helped me rekindle friendships that I carelessly threw aside before.

Of course, I don't want to come between him and his girlfriend. I want him to return because that's what he really wants. I don't much like his girlfriend, she's hurt him once before and has a history of cheating and using men. But she's stuck with him this long, so perhaps it's different this time. Anyway, I don't understand why part of me is glad that he seems happy. I used to be bitter and angry towards his new relationship, but now it's different. Is this a step towards moving on? Acceptance over what has happened? I'm not sure what to make of this.

01

What Guys Said 1

• Yes its a step, but there's many and it's easy to trip and fall back to the beginning.

Just listen to your logic when ever to feel slipping.

What Girls Said 0