Which brand polo shirts are the most "prestigious"?

Yeah, it's a random question, I know. But all my life I've worn Ralph Lauren polo shirts. I thought nothing of it. But apparently it's supposed to be a very prestigious/preppy/expensive/whatever brand. As you probably figured out, this baffled me. So let's put it on the table: which brand polos are the most prestigious?

Examples: A&F, Hollister, Ralph Lauren, Vineyard Vines, Lacoste, etc.

And for the ladies: which ones do you like to see the most? Like, which brands look good to you? (I'm a college dude, if that helps).

52

Most Helpful Girl

• You were baffled? those shirts cost sooo much money! it goes like this: American Eagle, Hollister & Abercrombie are by the same comppany. I've never heard of the Vineyard Vines (but I'm gonna google it nowlol) Lacoste & Ralph Lauren are pretty much on the same playing field. I usually don't find myself attracted to the Polo wearing species haha

What Girls Said 4

• I think Lacoste and IZOD are pretty prestigious. When I see guys wearing A&F, American Eagle, Aeropostale, or Hollister, I just assume they're a guy who can't let go of high school or a frat boy whose ex-girlfriend in high school bought him the shirt and he kept it. They're just so juvenile to me, I don't know why.

• Well there is Polo, Ralph Lauren, Izod,Van Heusen,Stafford and well that's about all I can think of.

• I thought Ralph Lauren and Polo were the same thing. Am I wrong?

• Ya there diffrent brand names but owend by the same person. But Polo cost more than Ralph Lauren.

• a&f- okay, not really prestigious but its pretty cool

hollister- no too high school

ralph lauren- not really prestigious but in style and looks good

vineyard vines- umm no

lacoste- cool

american eagle- please don't its so high school

aeropostale- don't even

the best to me are polo ralph lauren and lacoste

• Why not VV? I thought they were supposed to be really good quality.

• Lacoste for sure. Because Lacoste is known for way more than just polos.

Only preps wear A&F, AE, Ralph Lauren.

What Guys Said 2

• Jack Wills or Aubin and wills is what I wear most. Although they are British makes, don't think you can get them in the US. Ralf Laurent is a good make too :)

• It depends on the locale.