Letting go of him /her?

Why is it so hard to let go of someone you shared so much memories with them. its like one mistake just makes everything different. And when you do try to let go you just hurt your self more than you did before. Like why is it hard to let go. Is there an answer or just many more questions to come.

11

What Guys Said 1

• I feel what your going through. I am doin the same thing. I'm having a hard time letting go of a girl. The big thing is step back and take a deep breath. There's always anther guy/girl for you. And the big thing for me at least is don't let go completly stay good frineds wtih the person

What Girls Said 1

• It hurts to let go because something in our mind tells us that we won't find happiness again if we do let go. We want to hold those happy memories close to us because if we let them slip away, we forget how to find new love or hope. But as they say, things will get worse before they get better, and I've learned to follow the philosophy that things ALWAYS get better--if you believe they will, then eventually they do.