Do you believe in second chances?

In regards to friendships or relationships? Why or why not?

12

Most Helpful Girl

• Good question Steve-O :)

I think that in certain instances a person might be entitled to a second chance. What I take into consideration is what happened in the first place and the seriousness of it. If it was something where lying, cheating or betrayal was involved then I don't give second chances. Trust is VERY important to me and when I lose that with someone then it cannot be earned back. The person can apologize until the cows come home and it won't change my mind.

On the other hand, if it was a matter of poor judgment, saying something in anger, a gross misunderstanding etc. then I would consider giving him/her a second chance. I would want to be sure that we really discussed the issue(s), sorted everything out and can honestly move forward and beyond it. If this can be achieved then I can turn the other cheek and give a second chance.

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!

What Guys Said 2

• No, that's just me though. Why? There was a reason I no longer wanted to be friends with that person. Regarding relationship, there was a reason we broke up. The reasons haven't changed. I guess there is a slight chance the people changed, but the reason hasn't. It's not that I hold a grudge. I just try to keep my life as simple as possible.

• Yes I do. And it's not because I am a church-goer. I am an optimistic individual and I give people the benefit of the doubt, which I shouldn't really be doing.