Can this possibly turn into an abusive relationship

I have a boyfriend we have been going out for a little over a year on and off. when we first started dating I cheated on him and out of guilt I told him what I did. and he forgave me but after that he lost trust in me which I totally understand. then I ended up breaking up with him because he was always texting me and would freak out whenever I didn't text him right back. then we got back together like 3 months later but he wasn't the same he would get mad if I went out with my girlfriends and he got mad wen I would hang out with guy friends. I then left him again but once again came back to him now he has a ton of rules like I have to do whatever he says I can't wear low cut tops no t shirts no talking to guys I have to tell him wen I'm leaving and wen I'm coming back and who I'm going to be with. he's getting really possessive could this become an abusive relationship?

44

Most Helpful Girl

• Omg! he is just scared that you will cheat on him again and that's y he wants to know each and every detail about you so that he won't feell insecure.. I hope you understand what I am saying! and yes, it can be abusive.. trust me, my x was the same..i never cheated on him and was really kind but he wanted to control all the time..he slapped me so many times, he kicked me out of his car , 3 times, without even thinking how am I going to go back home..then I kicked him out of my life..in the end it was enough! sorry, I got in details about me..

nobody is perfect, he likes\loves you a lot that's y he gave you another chance after you cheated on him but that does'nt mean that he is going to control ur life..u should talk to him about that before something happens!

What Guys Said 4

• Uhhhhh...what exactly are you getting out of a relationship where someone is trying to control every aspect of your life. And what are you giving up by submitting to such behavior. Cut your losses and move on, otherwise, yes, this could easily become an abusive relationship. In some ways, it already is, just on a psychological level. It was wrong for you to cheat but doing so should have been your indication that the relationship wasn't strong.

• You're like the worst thing that could happen to a guy. I feel so bad for him. Leave him, for his sake. You're the abuser, and you don't even see it. :/

"You make me unhappy? I leave." + "Yeah, I cheated." =/= "You're so possessive OMG!"

What an idiot.

• Now see ur the first guy that has actually agreed with me in the fact that I'm not a good person

• Sounds like you need to break it off (for good this time) since he obviously doesn't trust you. You can't have a good relationship without it and it's better to get out of the situation now before things get really bad.

• yes, it is already an abusive relationship. Dump him as soon as possible

What Girls Said 3

• WHOA! Yes, it can turn into an abusive relationship. It could turn into verbal or physical. This reminds me of a relationship I got out of last year, my ex-would text me 24/7 and if I didn't respond he would get so mad and threaten me; he was a looney bin. Relationships shouldn't be like that; I think you deserve way better. Even if you cheated on him, you still don't deserve that. And what is up with the rules? Your not Omish and your definitely don't have to answer to him like he's your keeper, fuhck that. You only live once, don't waste life dealing with that kinda bull. I felt so free and liberated when I finally broke up with my crazy exe. He got in my face and everything, but I didn't back down; it was tough and very hard; but I felt amazing afterward when I finally broke up with him. =]

• to be honest its not going to turn into an abusive relationship.

my boyfriend is the same way just not so into it like yours.

i have cheated before and I told him we just worked it out.

i go with the flow in my relationship.

we set ground rules for each other and he hasn't even done anything really horrible to me.

• Yeah I know a gal who is near 20 and even got choked and wants the guy. stay away from all abusive relationships they end horribly.

• how could you cheat on someone ?

i don't understand where someone could find it in their heart to cheat on someone they claim to love that's so disrespectful and hurtful.

no it won't get abusive and the fact that you would say that is just selfishness, he seems to be controlling you because of what YOU did he did nothing wrong, you brought it on yourself its not his fault that he feels that way. You should just relieve him of all the heartache, give him the chance to move on and get over this, by ending the relationship.