How to mend a broken heart?

When do you do to mend a broken heart?

• Drink
  • Find a new hook up or friend with benefits
  • Get high
    Vote C
  • Cry
    Vote D
  • Try to get revenge
    Vote E
  • other- explain
    Vote F
Select a gender to cast your vote:

1517

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• I voted F.

It's best to give yourself time and space to get over the broken heart.
    All the other options pretty much work as a way to temporarily avoid your feelings.
    When you are not in the moment of doing those things, you are left with a harsh cold reality of pieces that are STILL broken.
    It's best to allow your time to heal.

I also agree with the choice "Cry".
    Let it all out!
    The more you cry the better.
    Crying is a release.
    You'll feel much better when you do.
    Ignoring your feelings or bottling them up, will allow you to build more anger/resentment and eventually explode.
    That's never good!

If you have any relatives or friends that can support you, or speak with you while you are down i advise you to turn to them.
    You'll get through this <3

What Guys Said 16

• F without a doubt. Numbing you emotions through booze, drugs or a rebound relationship will not help you heal. We are programmed to avoid pain - it is human nature. However being vulnerable and experiencing pain can be a catalyst for amazing change. Getting over a breakup is not only about the now, but the future. Take stock of what you learnt and become an even more amazing person - so your next relationships is better than your previous. Finally the best way to mend a broken heart is to love yourself whole and remind yourself you are worthy of healthy love.

• other
    Have a great time with friends, I'll be going all out during training, dance, watch movies, whatever makes me happy

• A needle and thread.

• drinking get me miserable all the time so i just cry and yell. mostly yell. or sing to lound music while crying

• To mend a broken heart one thing that is helpful, is to go out there and find new friends and hookup. But do not be in hurry to break up or start a new relationship. Make sure you learn your lessons.

• Sometimes a friends with benefits or hook up is still not enough, it will help, but if you were really in to someone, sometimes you won't feel better until you find someone you care for just as much,

• I don't know. I've never had a broken heart before, I think. I would guess since I'm 21 I probably would drink alcohol - either wine or beer. Otherwise, probably eat a bunch of food.

• Depends
    If you need sex then a fwb's
    If you need love then it's hard to find :P
    If you wanna reduce pain then cause drinking is injurious to health you should find a friend 😶

• The options you have listed are pretty destructive and won't do any good in the long run (apart from cry)

Don't do anything, except cry if you feel like it live life as normal and give it time.

• Nothing has for me yet and it's been over 2 years.

• And I've tried all of those options except for revenge.

• You can't...

• Thats a no brainer in wisconsin!!!
    Get smashed!!!

• All of the above lol

• look at yourself and pray

• Spend more time with friends. Exercise (running is great). Try to be calm and meditate. Be patient, time will make it go away eventually.

• By not giving a shit about anything.

What Girls Said 14

• Have you ever seen that episode of The Gilmore Girls where Rory and Dean break up for the first time and Lorelei is trying to get her to wallow and deal with her feelings of hurt and anger and sadness? It's actually a pretty good plan. You give yourself a set amount of time to wallow: eat junk food, cry, watch sad movies, etc. Then, after that amount of time has passes (and it should be no more than a few days because too much rumination is unhealthy), you start to get on with your life. If you keep busy, it will keep your mind off of the break up. You can start volunteering. You can join a club. You can rekindle friendships that you let slip (but don't use this as an excuse to go on and on about your break up. Your friends won't like that, and like I said before, rumination is unhealthy).

• You take your own time, everyone heals at different paces, you get on with your life, you wake up take a shower eat repeat and other activities you do on the daily, you don't let this one unfortunate event control you, because you will love again and be even happier.

• Oh... about 6,000 calories of ice cream, 24 hours in the gym, and about 8 hours of chick flicks.

Then I'm about set haha

• I surround myself with family and friends. Because I know they're still there and will help lift me back up again.

• You can't really mend a broken heart with any of these options. Yes, crying helps to let it all out and make you feel better, but if you want to heal your heart you must let time heal it, and letting go of those feelings are the hardest part. Friends can make you feel better, like stars they're always there for you even if you dont see them. But slowly, you must move on, let go of your feelings, and over time you will be better. Then, when you are ready for someone new, you will be able to love again.

• Um.

You have to learn from your mistakes. Everyone makes mistakes. It's how you learn from them that defines you as a person.

Learn from what went wrong in your last relationship what caused you to be heartbroken and make sure that doesn't happen in the future.

:\

• My parents is what happened... I guess it's maybe a good thing that we don't talk anymore

• Sweetie the best you can do is get a good cry out. I know it sounds silly but if you cry it out, you feel better. You almost a feel like a weights been lifted off of you when you realize you just don't feel any more tears there. It's one of those things you need to ride out to get through and get over. I hope you're doing ok, and I know you'll make it out of the hell you're in <3

• Sex and Candy...

and by Candy..

I mean Maple Rye

• I always get over people by finding new people and going on dates :) it works for me but maybe I'm putting a plaster over a scar. It's not healthy I can't just be single

• Do not let someone to break your heart

• with all these men in the world i would give a damn about a broken heart. im way to gorgeous, move on! i pick F.

• Well I guess that's good for you but not all of us are attractive

• I voted F
    The only thing that can heal a broken heart is time. dont rush it

• Self reflection via alone time for a bit, then finding something fun to do (hobby, new or old).

• I started a fire in the last guy who broke my heart's back yard, he never figured out it was me. He fucking cheated and his new backyard furniture paid the price