Girls, what is my ex feeling?

My ex and I broke up a year and a half ago, and we are not in contact. But every 3-4 months she will begin to make contact, ask me how I am, ask to meet up etc... But then goes back to complete silence again a few days later. It really made my healing process a lot harder.
So... 5 months ago I choose to block her on all social medias. Simply to get her away, and to focus on my own healing. We passed by each other at the gym, she tried to talk to me about something but I just ignored her and moved on.

But now she is ignoring me right back. She won't even look at me when we are both at the gym. She just looks the other way.
One time when I entered the gym, I saw her talking to a female friend. The friend saw me and said something (I asume she asked "isnt that your ex?") My ex looked, and then quickly looked away again...

I know I did this for my own healing, and I really do feel a lot better now. But parts of me kinda wanted some sort of reaction from her.

Any ideas what is going on with her?
Is she angry/upset?
Is she just respecting my wish, and leaving me alone?
Is she hurt?

I can't really figure it out...

3

Most Helpful Girl

• She might be hurt. I was hurt when my ex blocked me. But we needed the healing just like you. Maybe she realized you are trying to move on and now she is too. I honestly wouldn't make contact with you either after that as you sent out the signal that you want nothing to do with her.

• Thanks a lot for your reply. Nice to her from someone who has been in this situration.
      How long after the breakup before he blocked you? And how did it make you feel, and what did you do about it?

• He blocked me about a month after we split because he said be couldn't handle seeing me having fun and hanging with different guys. I was actually really sad about it so I shut down and shut him out of my life completely. Haven't talked to him since even though we ran into each other a few times

What Girls Said 2

• Why don't you go to a different gym? She is ignoring you because you ignored her. Its impossible to say what she thinks of that.

• Thanks a lot for your reply. I dont have a problem with running into her, so no point in switching gym :) My question is more about why she ignores me as well. Out of anger, or out of respect (for my wish to be left alone)
      But yes, like you said, it is impossible to know what she is feeling.

• If it was me, I'd ignore you because you don't seem to want to speak with me. So it wouldn't be anger just I guess respect and in the interest of moving on.

• She just realized it's time for her to move on as well.