Dumped after 2 years but getting strung along

Recently, me and my boyfriend of 2 years broke up because he said he wanted time for himself. We were both completely heartbroken and cried in each others arms for a whole day. He tells me he wishes he could tell me to wait for him but that isn't fair, and he hopes one day I will take him back. Its been a month and as much as I don't want to sit around and wait for him its hard not to. A couple guys have already asked me out on dates but I just don't want to. Should I move on?

10

Most Helpful Girl

• "He tells me he wishes he could tell me to wait for him but that isn't fair, and he hopes one day I will take him back."

haaa those are like the exact words my ex said to me when he dumped me out of the blue. He even cried as well when he did it.

Two months later I find out he is dating some other woman 20 years older than him AND some 17 year old chick. Very nice. Even has the audacity to come to my house and go on about how lost and depressed he feels, how he doesn't know where he is going in life, and doesn't want to drag any girl down with him. (Little does he know I know everything about his life w/o me)

A little while later, totally admits he did it all just to string me along, leave the gate open for a golden opportunity (aka if he ever came to his senses to want to be with me again), and to make him feel better about himself and his dumb ego.

Time for himself? Please.

A two year relationship is a hard thing to move on from but you have to take it slow, adjust to single life, and def. go out on those dates! It can help you move on and take your mind off of things, I promise. :)

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!