How can you tell an ex's intentions about sex?

How can you tell if your ex wants to have sex to get closer to you (maybe back together) or if your ex just wants to have sex with you for a booty call?

54

Most Helpful Girl

• Been there, done that. I think in the beginning we genuinely wanted to see if things would work out but alas they didn't because the reasons why were broke up were still there (of course). Long story short it turned into a long friends with benefits thing and today its still about sex. We haven't slept with other people for two years so its a comfort thing for sure.

If he wants you for you he'd ask you out to talk things through or to see how you guys get along. If the date ends in sex then so be it but his motive should be to see if being with you, talking to you.. works. It's not all about sex. How would you feel if you just had sex with him and found out he didn't want to be with you at all? There are a lot of factors. I was fine with it but that was my relationship and it was what it was after 3 years together. Think about what you really want.

• Thank you. and I totally agree.

What Guys Said 4

• This would be simple for me. I'd simply inform my ex that I've no intention of having sex outside of marriage, and if she continued to hang around, I'd know what was in her heart. God tells us to behave a certain way for a reason. He's no cosmic dummy!

• If he is just as nice and interested in you during the day as he is at night, he is probly legit. To make sure if he realy wants you. Let him see you a few times( 4 or 5 times) before you give it up, if he is consistent after a few days, you've found a good thing.

• Your ex wouldn't want sex from you(or put it in other words, a person will not want just sex from his/her ex). He has been with you. Been there done that. He can get someone else for sex just for a booty call. Desiring to have sex with you means he wants to bridge the gap and come back to you... that's what I feel being a male

• He can definitely get sex from other places and I just found out that he is dating someone "not seriously." (whatever that means). I'm curious if that changes your response?

• Judging from your comment, it seems he wants sex. Sex is on his mind, no doubt, but I will still stick to my judgement that he wouldn't want "only sex" from you... he surely wants to get back and sex seems to be a way to give an indication of that.... But it would be wise to be clear cut and ask him straightforward what does he really want? Why does he want sex from you when he can get it from anyone?Ask him that directly and if he wants to come back to you,you will get the reply.I hope it helps

• can't tell until it happens. good luck

What Girls Said 4

• well if he's a player type, then he won't have good intentions.

if he's got a girlfriend and he's texting you, that means you're a booty call.

generally, if he isn't serious, he's not showing any effort, it means he just wants you for sex and that's it.

• Is your ex capable of getting other women into bed easily? If so then it could be he wants to get back with you, or he could miss the familiarity, or he could even want what he doesn't have (we've all had those times when you don't realise what you've got until it's gone)..

• Yeah, he definitely is capable of getting many women

• If your not already together; then he is just using you for sex. It makes no sense to your ex to try to get "closer" to you by having sex. You guys were having sex probably when you were together. You need to be straight up with him and ask him if you guys are getting back together or not and if he says he doesn't know; then move on or this little game of his will continue.

• Dont make the mistAke of thinking he can get it somewher else just cause he's an ex because I had an ex that I was very close to Nd he is very capable of getting many women from his town and probably does but some boys R heartless Nd don't care so be careful cus it hAppened to me