Am I over exaggerating or should I end it?

The other day my friend told me that my boyfriend was texting some girl and called her gorgous and he asked her to hangout and I guess she said no. It really hurt though because I can't trust him anymore. We've been together for almost two years and how do I know if this is the only times its happened? and I don't want to have to worry all the time. I broke up with him and he was crying all friday night and sent me a really long message begging me to stay with him and saying that he didn't mean that and he didn't think she was gorgous and he regrets it, and he keeps saying it'll never happen again and hell change and stuff. I don't know if I should beleive him or not. it really hurts that he thinks another girl is gorgous, I keep hoping that he's telling the truth and that he doesn't think that but idont know. what do I do?

22

Most Helpful Guy

• I would go face to face, or by phone if the former is too hard, and try and talk to him. Why did he say those things? And please, if you want him to be telling him the truth, do NOT push him too much. If he is being sincere that he didn't mean it, he will break down if you push him too far, and you won't get much further into the truth.

Just be slow, as kind as you can stomach, and try to understand, but don't just give him your kindness. You do feel betrayed, just don't make him feel worse (and again, this is assuming he is telling the truth, which I would like to believe he is). If you don't like his answer, keep yourself broken up, you have the freedom to do so. If like the answer and really believe him with no doubt, give him a second change, but JUST one more. If he does it again, end it. You shouldn't have to put up with it, because it is not common nor appropriate behavior for a boyfriend.

And do NOT get back at him, it is not at all appropriate, and it is not what being in a relationship is about.

What Guys Said 1

• Personally, I'd say don't take NO sh*t from any guy. Guys will tell you want you want to hear. Don't let the 2 years relationship get in the way of following your intuition. What I alway abdide by for myself is "if you don't take the time to put yourself in my shoes and how I would feel, Fuck You. I'm out." It will save you a lot of time and energy and tears over some idoit who never took the time to consider your feeling before acting on them. Girl, deserve so much more than a asshole playing with your heart and your emotions like it's a toy.

What Girls Said 2

• i say give him another shot. it was just a text message, but if you feel like it's something else, then move on. But if you take him back, keep your eyes open for a little while, just to see if you didn't fall victim to a "have your cake and eat it too", line. :-)

• i would deffinatley meet with him somewhere to talk to him in person. through text message, people could say a lot but not actually mean it. its easier to believe or not to believe when they can look you in the eyes and express their thoughts. if there is still some hesitant, you should either end things for now,taking a break, and see how he lives without you (getting with other girls or is he still trying to get you back) or I would end things completely.

if it were my boyfriend, which I've unfortunatley gone through a situation similar to yours, I would listen to what my gut is saying. if youve been together for that long &he was that committed to you there should be no problem but the question is, how long has he been texting?

go with your instincts, as they say "there are plenty other fish in the sea, don't be scared to jump back in"