Cheating?

Okay I went out with a couple of friends and one of the guys in the group was the guy I think is cute. Well I sat beside him and after a while we flirted then he made me laugh a lot and well it just happened we ended up kissing and I have a boyfriend and we have been going together a while. I've been told I have to tell him sooner or later but I feel so guilty and I want to cry. I'm scared to tell him but I have this little feeling he will have mercy on me cause he has cheated on one of his old girlfriends before. I'm clearly scared he will break up with me but I don't want to but I guess I'm an idoit for not think that when I kissed the other guy. But one of my guy friends said its not cheating cause all we did was kiss and I didn't go any further with him. But what do I do? How do I tell him? Do I have to tell him? Will he most likely break up with me? HELP please :(

23

Most Helpful Guy

• Nothing will hurt the guy more than hearing that you kissed another guy from somebody other than yourself. When it's all said and done, it is just a kiss, but definitely a mistake you need to fess up to. It's pretty clear that you feel bad for the mistake you made. My advice to you is to tell him ASAP with the same sincerity you had when typing this question, and avoid situations like this in the future. It's a tough situation to go through, and letting those emotions go when you do tell him will hopefully make the dude realize you made a mistake and he will forgive you. The way he reacts to the situation really is up in the air, you know him way better than we do.

What Guys Said 2

• If you think you did, you did. It depends on your perception of it. It looks like you've made it into cheating after the fact. Did you believe you were cheating as you did it?

Don't be too hard on yourself and make mountains out of molehills.

• It is cheating, and you should tell him. You made your choice the second you kissed the guy, so now it's up to your boyfriend where the relationship from here, and you should give him that choice.

What Girls Said 2

• You need to tell him. You would want to know if he kissed another girl, right? If he doesn't want to stick it out with you after you've told him then it's alright, you're young and there's a million great guys out there.

• Put it this way, if you have any respect at all for your boyfriend tell him. Kissing is cheating! I don't think your 'guy friend' would keep many girlfriends with that opinion. I can't see him being happy about it, but I suppose there is always a chance.

But you definitely have to tell him. asap.