My dad won't let me be with the boy I love.

what do I do? who should I put first Dad or Man?

Please help me figure out what to do its driving me mad I'm so confused

25

Most Helpful Guy

• Know one knows you better than you parents ( father ) so take what he has to say seriously. My advice to you is to have a sit down heart to heart talk with your dad and let him know how you feel about this guy and that you would really like for him to accept him. He, being a father, should open up to you and let you know why he doesn't want you to be with him and the reasons for his decision. Sharing your feelings and talking about them will bring you both to a better place on every situation. Your dad is going to do what every father does best, and that is to protect his little girl. Cut him a little slack but be honest with him. Hope this helps. Good luck.

What Guys Said 4

• You're an adult and your dad has no authority over you anymore. You can do what you want. But understand your dad has been around the block a lot more than you have and has a valid reason for feeling the way he does in all likelihood. He will always be your father but the guy you love (this week) may not be in your life next week. Relationships come and go.

• Your first obligation is to your father. He probably knows just a little more about life than you.

• (Age:18 to 24)

You're getting adult: time to gain independence and decide for your own.

But think about it before acting: your dad could have good reasons to be suspicious of that guy: let him tell you WHY he doesn't like your boy friend.

• Is he being dogmatic about it or does he have a good reason?

What Girls Said 2

• Well first all you are an adult. Need 2 make ur own decisions. Do you still live with your parents? If yes move out. As long as you are living with them, they will continue to be the parents, baby you, have opinions, tell you what and what not to do, control you. You decide

• depends on ur age and try talking your dad why he won't because dads know best and they want to be the only guy in your life