Why is my ex stringing me along? What could he possible get out of it?

Me and my ex boyfriend broke up a while ago, and ever since he has made it clear he is still into me and wants to sleep with me (nothing sexual has happened between us), he makes it clear he has feelings for me and that what we had was the most serious relationship he has ever been in and it definitely was for me too, we even talked about marriage and kids, but were also too young for those things. The time I did see him, he wanted me to kiss him, but I didn't. But at the same time he does not want a commitment, he is selfish and immature and just wants to run around. He has made it very hard for me to move on and strings me along emotionally. He always hints at a future or that I am more important than the girls he sees casually, and I'm just getting tired of it. Why does a guy need to string someone along? What does he possibly get out of this? I am not sure how to regain control and not let him walk all over me :( please help! It all seems like cruel games.

01

What Guys Said 1

• What does he get out of it? The satisfaction of knowing he controls, or at least influences, your life heavily. It's all a game to him.

Chances are you're not going to beat him at this game unless you become much stronger mentally. Instead, just stop all contact with him and move on. Don't respond to messages or calls from him. Pretend he doesn't exist.

What Girls Said 0