Telling Ex To Blow Off Kindly?

I had been dating this guy on and off for two years, and for the last six months quite seriously even though it turned into a mid-distance kind of deal (it wasn't long distance, but it wasn't totally conventional either). Needless to say we've gone our separate ways but we still have an overlapping friend circle and participate in the same sport (albeit in different groups) so naturally there will be some overlap in seeing each other, unfortunately. Looking back on the relationship it was emotionally quite abusive and manipulative and I just want to get away from it as best as humanly possible and move on with my life. But he has this wonderful tendency of guilt tripping me back into a relationship (hence the two years of my life wasted). Ultimately, I just want to be able to tell him to blow off in the event he tries to get back into my life when we next cross paths because I'm tired of his bologna because I didn't deserve the abuse, but I have to be tactful because we'll still see each other in passing, between friends, and our families are close as well. What is the nicest way to tell him to bugger off and let me live my life without ostracizing myself within my sport and the wider aspects of my social circle?

12

What Guys Said 2

• If he's your ex, don't sugar coat it... tell him straight off to piss off. Otherwise, if you do it nicely, he may not take it seriously and think he still has a chance. An ex is an ex... past history.

• block him after u tell him.

What Girls Said 1

• Just be blunt and honest with him. If you want to tell him and leave no room for doubts or what it's in his mind then that's the best way to do it.