How do I tell my grandparents my ex boyfriend broke my phone and hit me?

So we dated for 5 months broke up then lately we started hanging out. Keep in mind we broke up because I saw him hanging out with another girl but anyways last night he saw messages between me and my guy friend he knows is just a friend and I went to his birthday party and he got super mad at me and said I lied because I told him I didn't party ( I forgot about that time and I didn't even drink) and he threw my phone spit in my face and slapped me... I don't know what to do and how to tell my grandparents ( who I live with) I know he has anger issues but now I have to deal with this. How do I address it?

12

What Guys Said 2

• You tell them plain and simple. No way around it. My ex had the same issue with her previous boyfriend whom she had a kid with. He was emotionally and physically abusive. She never said anything so he continued to abuse her until her dad saw her bruises. You can't pretend these types of people will see the error of their ways and stop. Because that almost never happens. You need to stay away from him

• I doubt this is even true...

But just go and tell them wtf

• I feel sorry for the guy whose life you're dying to destroy

• Why would you doubt this is even true? I don't need to prove anything to you but saying you feel sorry for someone who does physical and emotional damage to someone puts you in a bad place for Karma

• so you're a hindoo? lol

What Girls Said 1

• First, I hope that you've made the decision to keep him out of your life. No matter how sweet he is or if he apologizes for it, that's abusive behavior. And it's not going to go away or stop. There was absolutely no reason for him to be mad about that if he were a mature person and it's dangerous for you to stay with him/try to get back together with him. Please, don't do it.

In regards to telling your grandparents, just tell them that there's something you want to talk to them about. Tell them what happened, and then either tell them that you won't be hanging out with him anymore or ask for their opinion if you're still unsure. They're there to look out for you and take care of you. Trust them.