Did I deserve to be hit back?

I was joking around being to Ruff apparently he didn't think it was funny. I threw a Arby's sauce packet and it hit his eye. He got really mad yelled at me called me a birch and got up and hit my arm really hard. I started crying did I deserve that. I know I made him mad.

1115

Most Helpful Guy

• Violence be it mental or physical is always wrong. But what you did regardless of it being an accident, hurt and surprised him, and he lashed out because of it. Even if hurting others is wrong, I still believe that if you hurt others you should kind of expect to be hurt back.

No, he should'nt have hit you, but remember that you (even as an accident)
    caused it to lead down that route.

Most Helpful Girl

• Were you aiming for his eye or face? Cause that's a big no no. If it was purely by accident ( like you meant to throw somewhere else or he happened to move so it hit his eye) and you genuinely apologized you didn't deserve to get hit. But I would get mad, I don't think I'd hit you though. Maybe a slight slap but that's it or cursing I don't know.

• He has history of domestic violence and no I did not mean for hit his eye or any of his body. I thought it was going on his bed.

What Guys Said 14

• Arby's sauce packet LOL.

fuck i love Arbys, their fucking roast beef max sandwiches, omgee. :P

he gave you a dead arm, fair play my dear watson.

• Uh, understand that any person would do the same. If you're hit in the eye. It causes a lot of pain and panic. Also there's a difference between joking and being a jerk.

• it doesn't sound to me like you did something to deserve being hit no

• dude throwing stuff in a persons eye is not funny at all. i can understand his reaction.

• i mean judging by his reaction he was allready pissed off big time by whatever you did before that so it escalated in this situation. you should probably try taking hints better next time.

• Yes. You deserved to be hit on your arm.

Hitting your face would be stepping over the line, but what you did deserve an arm punch absolutely.

• I think you just failed to read his body language, unable to tell how stressed he was getting. Perhaps he's had a rough day or week or something and a lot of things just built up in him.

• well i probably wouldn't hit you hard tbh but i tend to react fast and strongly to such things , if someone hits me in the eye even by accident i would unconsciously hit them without even realizing, so some stuff you just do and dont think about.

• sure, why not?

• He hit your arm. What damage did that cause? Meanwhile you threw a sauce packet at his eye. What would happen if the sharp ends cut his eye? I say you did deserve it.

• He is a fucking baby and you deserver better. Accidents happen and... no man should ever, ever hit a woman.

• Yes, you did

• You were probably being a bitch... but I imagine you didn't deserve to be hit.

• yeah. Why did he call you a birch tree?

• only with a baseball bat

What Girls Said 10

• No, you didn't deserve that.
    However, you have to understand not all men can take a joke and are perfectly fantastic at restraining themselves.
    Sometimes when a man gets hit "whether its a joke or not" they lose their cool.
    You have to be careful with who you joke with.

• The eye is especially painful. He probably blacked out for a second too.

• Well, you did hurt him first so in the whole 'eye for an eye' way of looking at it, yes, you did deserve it.

• I was joking around though

• Yeah, and you threw something at his eye. You know how vulnerable the eye can be? That packet could quite easily have scratched his eye and he'd have been in a lot of pain. Whether you were joking or not, what you did was irresponsible and could have led to him getting hurt.

• Yes you did, it was an eye for an eye. Saying he has domestic violence issues in the past will not justify your behavior. That is a separate issue on its own. But in this situation any person either they have domestic violence issues or not will probably hit you back or throw it back in your eye. Next time think of the consequences before you do something silly. Sometimes dumb jokes can turn into serious things and he could've ended up losing his eye.
    I know someone who lost his eye cuz his friend was joking around and threw a pencil at him hard which ended up hitting his eye.

• Since you just mentioned he already had a history of domestic violence then I think hitting is his reaction to getting stressed out of if someone sprays sauce at him by accident. I think you should leave him in that instance.

It sounds like you meant to drip the sauce elsewhere and it handed on his eye by accident while he turned it into a physical altercation and intentionally hit you in anger. I would walk away if I were you.

• Hitting someone in the eye is very dangerous. It was wrong of you even though you did it playfully. I'm sorry but you deserved it.

• No I don't think you deserved to be hit, no one does. But you could have seriously hurt him by throwing an object at his eye.

• no, i would talk seriously with him about this and if it happens again to any extent you need to get the hell out of that relationship.

• You could have seriously hurt him, you got what you deserved. Don't do this next time around. Does it really take that much to figure out that what you did was dangerous?

• He shouldn't have hit you, but then again, you shouldn't be throwing packets at people's eyes, either.

• No, he sounds like a fucking weirdo