What's the longest it took you to get over an ex?

37

Most Helpful Guy

• took me 5-6 years to get over my last crush. we weren´t even together.

Most Helpful Girl

• Um... so this is a bad example but I'm going to share it anyway.

10 days.

Really about 30 seconds but there were 10 days between my being interested in them and my shifting of my attention/affection to someone else.

The first guy kind of did a 180 and became assaultive and I broke up with him.

It's REALLY easy to get over someone when the relationship ends when he attacks you. And then 10 days after that I reconnected with a guy who I'd met a year prior on vacation.

And said guy from vacation and I became very close friends for four years and are coming up on 5 years together of actual dating.

But... if we ended... I think it would take a while (certainly longer than 10 days lol) to get over him. Probably a few years at least.

What Guys Said 6

• 4 years and counting. Why? Because that bitch keeps calling me once in 3 months, saying I'm her best friend.

• LOL I feel ya dude! Same here, but mine was for a year. Then I just stopped answering him and started ignoring him. I feel much better like that. I would rather be nothing to him then his fucking best friend.

• LOL you made this sound so funny.

• It depends of relationship length since I was with my girlfriend for 4 years, and she broke up with me a month ago, I'm feeling totally bad, my heart is into pieces and can't accept the thing happened...

• Don't have an ex, but... I do have an ex-crush who I was obsessed about. And it took about a year to get over her. Took about that long to stop loving her. Took 3 years for most of my feelings to disappear. Now I feel nothing. :)

• Half a year

• a couple hours lmaoo

• 4 months-ish

What Girls Said 2

• 7 years and counting
    When he come back from deployment he wasn't someone I knew at all. I still miss the man I put on the plane.

• 8 months