Should I bother giving him a second chance?

I've been with my boyfriend for about 2 years. He cheated on me with one girl only once.

Our relationship began with him cheating on his ex girlfriend for about 5 months (we had met at work and hit it off quite well, and their relationship wasn't doing well as it was). Since then, everything has been smooth sailing and I have trusted him.

I found out 2 nights ago that he slept with a girl 2 years younger than me who he DOESN'T know. he met her once, she gave him her number, he called her up one night about 2 months ago, had a bit of fun, and hasn't been in contact with her since. he said they never talked, only when he went to her house to have sex.

When he told me, he was sobbing, begging me not to leave him because our relationship is good and he's truly happy. he says he just made a stupid mistake and wanted to make it up to me.

i agreed to give him a second chance. It's only been 2 days but I'm still upset. we still talk, and even though we still act like were going out, I refuse to kiss him or sleep w him until he proves he's worthy, and he's fine with that. he said he wants to regain my trust and be with me still.

he's an awesome boyfriend, except for that one huge mistake he made. is it worth taking my time to work things out? I truly love him and I believe deep down that he really loves me and just made a poor choice in the heat of the moment. should I bother, or should I run while I still have the chance?

11

Most Helpful Guy

• If all is well but this mistake, eh fine. It sounds like a one-night stand.

• It was just a one-night stand. he doesn't even like her. he said he's fat and gross and he just wanted to get busy w someone.

he only saw her once. so it is only a one night stand. I'm giving him a second chance but its gonna take a lot of time and effort for us to deal with. and we're both ok with it.

What Guys Said 0

The only opinion from guys was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!

What Girls Said 1

• He made one mistake? He made a big long mistake on his previous girlfriend by cheating on her with you. This is who he is and what he does. You should run and never, ever fool around with a guy who is in a relationship. That's a guy who feels comfortable with sniffing around other girls when times get tough. Do you think the two of you will never have a rough patch in your situation? When you do, trust me, he will be fooling around again.

• When he cheated on his last girlfriend, he wasn't hurting me at all. he had gone out of his way many times to just hang out with me (we never slept together when he was with her) and we considered each other to be bf/gf. he didn't even talk to his ex then, even tho they were logically together. its not like I'm some slutty homewrecker.

he only slept with the girl once and he doesn't even have her number anymore. he said he had no intentions of being w her, just f***ing and never talking again.

• Again, trust me, this is a pattern he has towards the women in his life, not a one-time mistake. He did it to his last girlfriend (he was emotionally unfaithful to her with you), and he just did it to you. There are some exceptions to the rule "Once a cheater, always a cheater", but this is not one of them. Good luck.