No longer in love with my girlfriend, and don't want to hurt her.

Hi, I've been with my girlfriend for almost 2 years now. We started off as just sex buddies, after we each came out of a messy breakup. The first year we didn't make it official and it was exciting, I was away most of the time and would return to be with her or she would come visit me. Well, recently I've kind of lost interest in her sexually, we still sleep together and I feel strongly towards her when we do; but when I'm away I never find myself thinking of her or caring what she is up to.

She's been without a job for the past 7 months, and I've used up a lot of energy trying to help her and get her confidence back but I feel this has also added to straining my love for her..

I really don't know what to do. Last year I did try to tell her this and that I wanted to end the relationship peacefully while remaining friends, but she took it badly and sat alone in silence for what seemed like hours until eventually exploding with rage and accusations about who I might be interested in/sleeping with other than her. There is no one else that I want to be with, and since our relationship began she is the only person I've slept with or kissed.

I just want to be on my own and still have her as a friend, but she won't accept this.

Right now she treats everything as if it's perfect.. and for me it's not and so yeah. :/

Any help for this situation would be appreciated. Sorry for the waffle of a post.

20

What Girls Said 2

• Well you can't have your cake and eat it to!You have to do what makes you happy the unfair thing for you to do is lead her on!So tell her how you feel she might get mad but that comes along with rejection!So I would tell her that you care for her and would love to have her friendship. If not move on sometimes when you get evolved with people you care about it can brake a friendship!Hope I helped

• Please whatever you do, don't lie to her.

I know you don't want to hurt her, but be honest. It'll be better in the long run. Sadly you can't make an omlette without breaking eggs.

She will be hurt, angry and upset, its inevitable with any breakup. She probably won't want to be friends for a little while afterwards, because of this I would maintain a distance once you do break up. It will save both of you a lot of heartache. Trust me I speak from experience.

What Guys Said 0