How do I get to the point of not caring?

Recently broke up with long term girlfriend, but I still care too much about her. She is making stupid decisions and it hurts me to see her do that. I just want to not care about her so I can stop feeling like shit and forget about her...

32

Most Helpful Girl

• Sometimes its not a bad thing to care, and if you get to a point of numbness it can wear on your on well being. If the stupid decisions are dangerous you could try talking to her about it and try not to add emotion into it. Or if you think its best to forget about her altogether, try going out with some friends and remind yourself why being single is fun. Block her number for a while so she can't bother you randomly in the event she might call. Do things you enjoy doing on your own, and sometimes a close friend or family member is best to turn to for advice on how to move on or handle a situation like this. Whenever I dont know what to do I call my mother- cheesy but she always gave great advice when I needed it.

• I actually wish I had someone to talk to.. I don't talk to anyone about stuff like this except for her and now she Isn't there to talk to anymore...

• Maybe you could try to confide in someone, I never talked about my personal life with my mother till I got married. I never talked to my friends because I was afraid of being judged. I learned quickly that if people in your life really care about you they will hear you out. It's all about that leap of faith. You'd be surprised who might have your back. Sometimes even going to a bar or a club helps you make new friends. Bar more for a bartender to talk to- they dont really care, but often have heard it all and can help with advice. Night clubs help a bit with making new connections and take your mind off things for a bit too. Even if your underage for drinking, there's always at least one night club for anyone 18+

Most Helpful Guy

• Block her out of your life. The less you see her, the faster you'll forget, the less you'll care. Don't interact with her at all.

What Girls Said 2

• Just remind yourself that she didn't want you. She knew you and still decided you're not worth it for her so don't make her worth YOUR time. No use in caring about your ex's. It really is pointless cause they are out there living their lives while you are hurting.

• You may know that getting over someone doesn't happen over night. It will be hard since it was a long term relationship and their isn't much to do to stop caring. She will always be a part of you in some way. Sounding yourself with friends and family is a great way to start. Going out i would say is the next step. this doesn't mean you have to look for something but just going out their may help and anything could happen. trust me as time goes on you will stop thinking about her and one day someone will ask you about her and you will give it a second thought because you realized you haven't thought about her at all. there is no specific time that one should get over someone, each person is different. You will always care about her but maybe not in the same way you use to. Maybe the reason she is making stupid decisions is because she is trying to move on and doing it by making stupid choices. I know that even though you may think she might not care about you she does.

What Guys Said 1

• Cut her out of your life entirely. That means social media as well.