Is it bad that I spoke to his brother?

I have been following the 30 day no contact rule since my ex broke up with me back in January, and it will be 30 days this weekend. But for the past few days, my ex's brother had been calling my home phone at least once a day, so about 15-20 minutes ago, I called him back to see what was going on because he called me about 3-4 times. When I called him back he sounded pretty happy to hear from me and he told me that he was worried about me and my grandmother in general and because we had some very bad weather yesterday. But we spent probably less than 10 minutes on the phone and he told me that his ex gf/baby mother keeps asking about me and he gave me her number, as I was really close to these two. Were were like a 4some and my ex and I would have made 5years in May. So i was wondering if it was a bad thing that I spoke to his brother even of it was for less than 10 minutes and does it make the no contact rule void? I'm actually glad that I called him back because it validated something that I already knew.

20

Most Helpful Girl

• No it doesn't make the NC void.
    First of all are you planning on trying to get him back, now that the 30 day NC has ended?

• At first I wanted to get him back. I still have feelings for him, but I'm not sure if I want him back anymore.

• I think that you definitely need some time apart so you can actually move on. I managed to become best friends with one of my ex's, but I had no feelings towards him. I honestly think that if you decide you don't want him back ever, then you should essentially go into a permanent NC

• Good advice. Me and his brother talked like twice last night. And I can't even talk to him like that because it opened too many fresh wounds. He kept bringing up what happened between my ex and I and I didn't know it was going to make me as upset as it did. That let me know that things really are still fresh. But talking to him really did give me some insight. I don't know if I want him back at all but I know that I definitely don't want him back right now. But I will take what you said into consideration. Although I don't see anything wrong with and occasional text message. Strictly occasional.

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 1

• Its not a bad thing. They were a big part of your life for the last 4.5 years. A breakup doesn't mean you drop everyone else who was connected to them! At the end of the day, they are the ones he is going to get annoyed at, not you. Don't drop friends when they didn't do anything wrong.

• True! And his brother mentioned something about calling me despite the fact that he isn't allowed to talk to me. I couldn't understand what he was saying because he had a cold lol. I feel sooo much better from these comments :)