Isn't it supposed to feel better each day?

I stopped talking to my ex a month ago, because I realized I can't be friends with him and that he doesn't deserve my friendship. He broke up with me like 4 months ago, after being together for 3 years. He just said that he doesn't want to be in a commited relationship, that he wants to fool around and that "it's not me it's him". He couldn't say a one bad thing about me, he just mentioning the commitment thing. Well first few weeks were alright, I was really strong and decisive about my decision to cut it off. But now it seems to get worst each day. The more time passes the more I feel like crap, all moody and stuff, thinking about him more and more. Like wondering why he's not texting me, what he's doing, does he even thinks about me and misses me, how is he feelings, etc. I'm really doing all I can to move on and I'm pretty busy. But no matter what I do I can't shake him out of my mind.

30

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 3

• Getting over an serious relationship takes a lot of time. You have to be patient with yourself. Some days will be better than others. Your only starting to feel worse now because he is really completely out of your life and that is something your subconscious mind has to get used to. Try staying busy all the time, this really works. It will get better, but like everything in life, it takes time.

• It's not easy to switch of your feelings for someone and impossibe to erase memories you shared together. Every time you find yourself thinking about him try to focus your mind on other things. Distract your mind, every time he comes to mind. Love can come with a great cost but you have to just deal with the hurt because you have no other choice

Why waste feelings, tears and emotions on someone who doesn't value them.

• Same situation except he's already in a new relationship. And I just found that out. I was doing great until I found out and it sent me completely backwards. I've been more depressed than I was before. And as time goes on I feel the same way. You miss them more. You think of them more. It freaking sucks.

• Yeah. :( I guess it shall pass. Like we will come to the boiling point and just be so sick of it and the state that we're in, and just let it go.

• I'm sick of feeling this way but I can't break free of it. I feel helpless and pathetic 😔