Can guys and girls just be friends?

Can guys and girls just be friends?

21

Most Helpful Girl

• I believe that they can. I have heard that at some point in every friendship between a guy and a girl one of them develops feelings for the other. This may or may not be true, but even so, I feel like this would just be a phase that the relationship goes through. One of my best friends is a guy and I know that as I got to know him better I found that a tiny part of me wanted us to be more than just friends. This lasted only about a day and then I realized that I cared about him as a friend and that was it. I feel like this happens in many friendships, but it is short lived and does not affect the friendship.

What Girls Said 1

• Course they can. Most of my best friends are boys and we've never tried anything more than that. Works out fine for us!

What Guys Said 1

• Personally, I think it is hard to be just friends... I know some girls that have boyfriends and yet their best friends are guys so obviously it can be done, but yet it is not a common thing. The movie 'When Harry met Sally' is famous because two people, man and woman, tried to be friends but sex and romance got in the way. Even if only one of the friends likes the other it can make problems. There is nothing worse than summoning up the courage to tell your friend that you have feelings for him/her and getting that common but heartbreaking answer, ''I think we should just be friends''. But, technically a guy and a girl can be just friends, but it is unfortunately rare.

Hell look at Jim and Pam on 'The Office' lol he kissed her and told her how he felt and she turned him down.