Do you ever get over the person who broke your heart?

2210

Most Helpful Guy

• It's stupid to say that it's impossible to get over. But it's naive to say that you can do so completely - said person will always be at the back of your mind. The only thing you can do is push them deeper and deeper.

What Guys Said 9

• Yes, it just takes some time.

• Hell Yes.

It may take a bit of time, but you will get over that person. If you allow, yourself too.

• It's much easier when u have options.

Which is why it's easier for women in thr long run

• I hate to use this term but my "philosophy" is that it takes the same amount of time you were invested emotionally to get over them. Example... dated for 6 months. Get over after another 6 months.

• we do but NEVER fully.

• Yes I get over them but I never forget about them I just think of them but not like I used to

• Eat some cake

• I would break her bones instead of heart

• Of course, it all disappears.

What Girls Said 22

• I don't think it's really a PERSON we need to get over, but the FEELINGS they caused. Honestly, every guy that screwed me over was gotten over in a day or even less, but the pain and everything they caused went on for a long long time. It really doesn't fully go away until someone else puts other feelings in you, replacing the ones that an ex left you with.

• Yes , but only you you allow yourself to get over it. Most people constantly think about the person who broke their heart and pine after them. By doing that they are preventing themselves from moving on from the hurt. Emotional pain is caused by our own thoughts. We keep the pain raw by constantly thinking about the person who hurt us and why they did it etc

Hearts are so much stronger than you imagine. They can be broken, betrayed, burned and crushed, but yet they do heal and they do love again. Time doesn't heal a broken heart. It's what you do with your time, that heals it. So keep active and your mind focused on things other than him and it will help your feelings to gradually fade... then your pain will ease.

The strongest of people are those who have had their heartbroken , but yet still believe in love

• Not really. I will always care about him. But I stay in touch with him and I know he picked the wrong person. He knows he did and he is divorced. I am too. But I can not go back to him because I would be having to deal with the one he picked over me and the kids they had together. And I don't want that! I realized years ago when she ran off and he had me visit him that we were not the same people that first fell in love life changed us. I needed that closure it took like 4 years but I got it. And now twenty five years later wet are still chatting! I could never go back to him but we will always be connected. I fell in love other times very deeply so it is possible but rare. And all of them still love me. I chat with my other ex from twenty years ago and another from 10 years ago. Special people that rip your heart out stay on each other's minds. it was always circumstances never lack of love or a fight that broke us up. I am friends with my ex from ten years ago his whole family on Facebook. They still ask about me. So yes they stay with you and it is great but you do find love again. Powerful live. You just have s higher standard cause you know how that sort of live is supposed to feel.

• Yes.. yes you do.

When you fall in love again and realize that person wasn't your soulmate and meant to be it all makes sense and you are happy about it not working out.

• So far I've done it 299 time's. You will and u have to in order not to go crazy and actually find the person you're meant to be with. yeah it's hard, but eventually time will heal that wound and next thing you no, you won't even have those feelings for him/her anymore. I'm a pro at this shhh now lol doesn't faze me like it use to.

• YES! lol! (: I cried about who now? Exactly?

• It gets easier as time goes by and as your affections transfer over to another person. But there are loves that I have never completely gotten over.

• I had a best friend break my heart. There wasn't anything romantic between us but it hurt more than any break-up. I got over it, but I still remember the soul crushing pain.

• Of course. Time and new experiences will wash away the pain.

• No broken hearts yet! :)

• Yep, all of them. They weren't worth the effort and I'm better without them.

• Sadly I don't think so :/

• I'm trying. I feel like you can't. But all the older adults I've spoken with say yes

• NEVER!!!

• Yes, over time and finding out what you really want in life and making sure there compatible for you,

• I've never gotten my heart broken, so I don't know.

• Yes. I think it just takes time.

• eventually yes. it takes a lot of time, and you have to remember about yourself too - take care of yourself and do things out of your usual routine, get a different perspective.

• In time I'd think so

• Sometimes. I know right now I'm going through this and it's difficult but DO-able. Find things that interest you. Let your hobbies and NEW interests take up the space in your mind. 🍉

• Took me some months.. But I did get over it.

• Yes time really does heal All wounds. You fall in love again and eventually you forget.