Have you ever broken up with someone, even though you didn't want to?

Say for example, one of you moved to another city, state, or country. Maybe you liked each other a lot but you didn't seem to be compatible. Maybe there was one thing that made it difficult or imposible to have a future together, like different religious beliefs.

So, have you ever broken up with someone, even though you liked them and wanted to be with them?

• Yes, I have
  • No, I haven't
  • I've never been in a relationship
    Vote C
I wonder that too. It's been 3 days since this question and you're the first guy. But there weren't many male votes either. There were just 6 males votes when I had 16 female responses and like 30 votes. I wonder why the question didn't attract guys but it attract lots of girls.

173

Most Helpful Girl

• Aww this question brings back memories 😔💔 Got a bit sad now for a second 😢😁 Yes, it happened to me 😕 He was what I would call my first TRUE love, sure I had boyfriends before him, but feelings for them weren't even half as strong as for this guy 💑 I was 18, he was 23, he had to move to a different country because of his job, I couldn't go with him unfortunately 😥 We were perfect for each other, if he wouldn't have moved away I'm pretty sure we would still be together 💖 It was really hard to say goodbye, but who knows, maybe someday our paths will cross again 😊 Que Sera, Sera 💕

Most Helpful Guy

• Oh yes, but she was a whore and bound to keep playing childish roundabout games.

What Girls Said 16

• I don't believe in this statement. If you truly love someone and want to be with them, you would never break up. No matter the circumstances. Period.

• But what if you haven't reach the "love" level?
      You're dating a person, for a few months, so you don't yet "love" them.

• It's the same. There are just ways. I've been in many different relationships, from long distance to incompatibility and such, and it can all work out well. IF you truly like each other. I dumped 2 times in my life and both were because I didn't liked them anymore and didn't want to be with them. So I'm a strong believer that if someone dumps you that means they simply don't want to be with you anymore, for whatever the reason. And there is no excuses.

• Oh my goodness where is your picture? I thought you deactivated for a second. Not nice.

But to answer your question, no. But I've never broken up period. Whether I want to or not. I imagine it would tear me apart to have to break up with someone I want to be with though. Just thinking about it is a bummer.

• I don't wanna have a picture of me.
      But yeah, it's a bummer. Thanks for answering.

• Yes I did and that was very hard for me, but I wasn't getting the love and care. i deserved.

• painful af question.
    yes, kind of. maybe.

• Yep. usually you burn bridges as you cross new ones. Even if not intentionally or it is something you dont want to do; you move on. there's no future with a person from your past who lives 1000miles away... even if i really loved the person if im leaving i have to leave them behind :/

• Yes. I had to move out of the country, so I had to break up with him. I mean, we talked about it, and I wanted to try to make it work but I understood how difficult it would be. Even though he moved to where I lived a year later.

• Yeah, I have. It sucks but I looked at how things would be long term and we both agreed we weren't compatable together, so we ended it.

• At least he agreed that it was for the best to break up... sometimes the other person doesn't see it that way.

• Well, he finally agreed after I left him.

• With my ex.
    At the time I didn't want to break up. But so many things were wrong in that relationship. Namely him cheating through most of it. But also compatibility issues. We liked different things etc.

I'm glad I did it tho. Now I got someone I'm incredibly compatible with.

• aww :/
    I voted the 2nd when I should have clicked on the 3rd...
    anw I ve never really been attached to someone... the most I got attached to was mainly sexual so..

• never been in a relationship but I definitely would if the thing is getting out of my control

• Yes last year and I still don't know how to deal with it. We were having lots of issues and I ended up breaking up after a fight because it was too much. I've tried to get back together but I don't think it will happen

• Yeah I broke it off because I knew it was what they wanted. They were just too afraid to do it themselves

• Yes, I had to break up with my boyfriend at the airport when I was moving to a different state. He cried on the spot. Feel bad for him

• Yes, my first true love. Was the worst thing I had to do

• It's the worst feeling in the world. I don't think I'll ever be over it or be able to move on. He will always have my heart.

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Guys Said 2

• I have never been in relationship... so no. I am wondering why none of the guys have replied to it yet.

• I wonder that too. It's been 3 days since this question and you're the first guy. But there weren't many male votes either. There were just 6 males votes when I had 16 female responses and like 30 votes. I wonder why the question didn't attract guys but it attract lots of girls.

*Dammit, I wrote this as an update hahahah what an idiot xD

• Lol... its a nice update though.
      Maybe the guys didn't want to look emotional by answering this question as it deals with heart breaking moments of life.

• Never been in any relationship.