I don't understand how my boyfriend could go out for dinner last night with his ex?

Go out for dinner last night with his ex and his daughter, but when I've been asking him for two months to go out on a real date in public he just can't, he would rather sit at home and watch family guy, the office and sleep or screw around with me... what am I doing wrong?

31

Most Helpful Girl

• Sounds like reading a good book would be more satisfying! And he'll keep acting like that for as long as you allow him to...I don't know how long you have been together or what you feel about him but when I had been married for about 3 years my husband became boring like that so I just went and did what I wanted...I would get myself all dressed up and go to a movie, out with the girls, shopping, etc...whatever...He hated it and it didn't take to many times before he started jumping up and going with me...Best of luck. Cheers!

• Thank you, we've only been seeing him for the last three months and I love the guy but he's wasting my time doing whatever he wants...

What Guys Said 1

• You're giving him too many safe boundaries. You need to define the relationship.

What Girls Said 2

• Nothing. If he's not willing to put in any effort into making a relationship with you, then you shouldn't put any in either. It's a 50/50 deal here!

• Go to my profile and read my article. That explains your situation perfectly.

Unfortunately, if you have been dating a guy for 2 months and he will not take you out anywhere and all he wants to do is stay at home and have sex...he's just not that into you. That doesn't mean you are necessarily doing anything wrong other than putting too much energy into a guy who isn't willing to do the same for you. If he can go out to dinner with his ex and his child there is no reason why he can't do it with you.

• Well then maybe he should stop promising me things that he can't handle doing, if I can give him what he wants then he should be able to give me what I want..