Should I move on from a girl I wish to spend time with?

I had a crush on this girl for the past year or so. I've known her ever since I was a child, since our families are best friends. I seen her almost every month and on breaks, almost everyday. For the past year and a half, I've been getting hints, her sitting next to me when I was alone in the living room watching T.V., settling into a blanket that we shared (with clothes of course! Just watching T.V.). Resting her head on my shoulder during a car ride, laughs, chat and all of that. Of course, I didn't have the courage to say anything to her, but when I explained my situation to my friends, they say to go for it! I went with her and her sister to a convention at a university and we had lots of fun, minus the two hours of her leaving to the mall with one of her girlfriends. But I couldn't pull her aside to say something to her. The next night, over Facebook (yeah I know, unromantic right?) I confessed, by message, a wholehearted letter, how I really liked her and how I think there could be something more and that I really do want her to be my girlfriend. Her answer was "that is really sweet but I don't think I'm ready for a boyfriend." We discussed and she still wanted me to remain as a friend. In a few days it is her birthday and of course my family is invited. It would be a totally awkward situation, what should I do? Should I just talk with her or ignore her in a subtle way? Should I bring my confession up again?

0|0

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 0

Be the first girl to share an opinion
and earn 1 more Xper point!

What Guys Said 1

• Move on.

0|0
    0|0
Loading... ;