Am I wrong to feel weirded out over this?

So I broke up with my ex of 4 years due to a lot of issues within the relationship.
We've just started talking again with each other, almost on a daily basis and I feel a lot happier in the sense that I'm more in control of everything going on in my own life, I feel like I'm starting to get the old me back. Yet I recently found out he's buying his first house in the same area as I live (about 30min - 1hr drive from me).
Now I find this a bit weird considering there are a lot more reasons for him to stay in the area he currently lives such as work, being close to his tennnis court which he's a member of etc.

Why would your ex move closer to you? Wouldn't it make more sense to find a similar priced area further away from you?

33

Most Helpful Guy

• Could be a number of reasons such as where he works or the fact that the only house he likes is in that area which could be quite possible. But if your on talking terms then that looks pretty good just don't act needy. Take it slowly maybe talk about good old times to bring on nostalgic thoughts. That way you can maybe meet up and reunite :)

Most Helpful Girl

• maybe he just likes the area? Try not to read much into it and keep beimg the way you are ! you worked hard to become happy again :) don't let him play mindgames with you or play with your feelings

What Guys Said 2

• never mind... just be like an eagle... always on top.

• It's an hour drive, I wouldn't call that close

What Girls Said 2

• He could really like the area and or the house was at a really good price and or cheaper than one would be in his current area. I suppose it's just his own way of thinking logically however to you it could be weird and think it's because of you.

• maybe he wants to get back with u