How do I get over a guy who I see everyday with his new girlfriend?

I met this guy and we quickly became good friends. We talked everyday for around 6 months and he would imply that he liked me, but nothing ever happened. After 6 months of flirting (and him leading me on & calling me his best friend) he met another girl and stopped talking to me completly. We went from talking everyday to nothing - and him flat out ignoring me. After a month of this - and me reaching out to him, and him never responding I stopped trying, and he began to date this new girl. Now (because we live on the same small campus) I see the two of them everywhere. It's extremly hard for me to get over him because I see them all the time - sometimes making out. They ignore me and I ignore them - but it is still really hard because he and I were really good friends and now that's gone. I want to put him in my past, but I'm not sure how to go about this when I have to see the two of them everyday at school.. How do I get over this guy?

77

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm sorry...
    Well, know that he really did value you as a friend and that him dating, it's his duty to cut ties with others he may have led on. This girl probably flirted with him a certain way that made him jump on board really quickly. But it's quite cruel. But at least, this is better than him dating her and still being flirty with you. When you see them, laugh at how much he's trying too hard... I know he's your friend, but you don't have to be okay with it. Roll your eyes, say "I don't know why he's such a fool", hang out with friends and maybe you'll meet another guy. I'm sorry, I hope in time you feel better.

What Guys Said 7

• I agree with you it's hard and painful, but believe me that' called a temporary feelings and it will pass away when you decide. you already know he's just an asshole, and he will do the same with the other girls. you should feel happy not sad, cuz ending of that relationship gave you a chance to how is some guys act or think in that campus, which mean you have to be more careful about who you trust or who you let into your life. I'm sure your dreams and your plan in life is bigger than wasting your time thinking about someone who doesn't need your attention anymore. don't let the past or him disturb you from what you (doctor, actress, scientist or president) want to be.

turn the page and start new chapter with forgiveness and forgetfulness... It will allows you to focus on the future without combating the past. let him know that you become more happier without him (not with another guy, but with another chance you've earned- self-esteem).

Good luck...

• You just smile every time you see him just as you did in the past.. you cannot make someone like you.. it has to be either your choice or his.. he may one day open up to you on maybe the level you want.. but if you start resenting the fact he has a girlfriend and it is not you.. you may be closing that door.. for good.. take care now

• Oh dear... he was leading you on and calling you his best friend? Did you not take the hint?

Moreover did YOU use the word friend around him? Because when a guy hears the word "friend" he knows to run for the hills.

I think you cooked the goose on this one.

• Just stop feeling.

• Get a fuck buddy. Works every time.

• He led you on by calling you his best friend. That doesn't sound like being led on. People do this all the time to opposite sex friends. I've had it done to me. It sucks but they are focusing on their partner. I'm sure his male friendships have also taken a hit. Just try and avoid him when you can. Look for another guy to distract you.

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 6

• This happened to me in school. I was head over heels for this guy, we talked on the phone, sat together, all of that. Then my "best friend" started dating him. Girl, there's no easy way to deal with these things. You've gotta kinda see it for what it is. Maybe you weren't proactive enough. Now you'll learn to go for it next time. It's a learning experience, we all have them.

• I know exactly how you feel! (: Take deep breath and no he not it. Its not gonna work. Relax focus on school!

• SIMPLE... get your own new guy.. if he has a new girlfriend... then show him that u are also not a loner or inferior than him... get your own new boyfriend who would be 100times better than him... then u won't even realize how easily u had just moved away from your past... and then your past would surely regret leaving you , i bet that and hopefully he would be jealous too!!!

• Get a rebound maybe?

• if he treated you this way (especially leading on ) and then just forgot about you so easy, then he doesn't worth it. does he? Is the sort of man i call weasel, i know is hard i have been there. but you are better off without this sort of people in your life. The best you can do in my opinion is totally ignore him

• Just get over it I guess