What are some reasons that you would be sad even if you are the person who initiated the break up?

102

Most Helpful Girl

• .. because people feel a sense of loss even if they ended the relationship. . They are used to the other person being part of their life, but suddenly they have to adapt and adjust to their life without them in it anymore

They may know the relationship isn't right for them for whatever reason but yet, they still have memories of happier times they shared together. They can't just suddenly erase the good memories. They tend to hold onto those happier times, and have deep regrets that it ended, because they feel they failed due to not being able to make it work

Even those who have been in a toxic or violent relationships can feel sadness when the relationship ends. A sense of failure can come over them. The idea of having to start over again without the person in their life is a daunting thought for a lot of people. A lot of people find it difficult to adapt to change

What Girls Said 9

• You question your motives. Was it the wrong thing to do? What if I'm wrong? All of those things go through your head. You remember a time when you were happy and we like to imagine that we can go back to those times. You get used to someone and being without them can be scary. Even when you initiate a break up, there's no escaping the effect it will have on you.

• Uurgh, I didn't get the chance to break up with my ex, even though I wanted to, on and off for like a year. I think he was the same way. He ended up breaking up with me anyway and I regretted it a little that it should've been me. But I reminded myself that I enjoyed his company and refrained from doing dumping him while he was having other obstacles in life.

My regrets would have been specific to the situation:
    -Giving him more stress and lower self-esteem during hard times

-My reasons for wanting to break up was that I suffered "suspecting" that he wasn't interested in me... If I broke up with him, he's act confused, deny that he wasn't into me and all that because I had attempted to make him just say how he felt. I would have regretted not really finding out. Strangely enough, him dumping me was the most clarity I had from him...

-I was going to miss seeing him.

• If they cheated on me, took me for granted, treated me like crap, etc. I would be sad that I invested so much time, love and energy into a person who betrayed me. Other then that, I don't think that the dumper is ever sad about the breakup.

• Guilt for hurting that person. Realizing you made a mistake and took them for granted. Sad & guilty about the way you treated them during the relationship or the way it ended/the last memory they have of you

• Because the break up was a mistake!. And you can't fix it! 😔

• been there ... i try to make it work but after two years of failure i decided it was time to let go and i broke up with him

• Missing the good times forgetting the negative feeling you felt that caused you to break up in the first place

• end of something that you thought was special. the heart bleed then it shall heel in time

• Just because you initiated a split does not mean you won't miss the person, or sad because you wished things did not turn out the way they did. If you cared anything about the person at all you will feel the pain as much as they do or maybe worse cause you had to be the person to let go first, so it's that plus the guilt.

• I don't agree. The only thing you can be sad about (being the one who initiated the breakup) is that things didn't turn out the way you wanted them to. Not for that person, for YOU. Sad that YOU still didn't find the one. "the pain as much as they do or even worst"? Please don't sell this bullshit, it's bullshit and you know it. Something would seriously be wrong with you if you are able to dump someone you care so much about. If they treated you like crap or not, in both cases you will feel kind of happy and relieved that you ended it. Maybe a bit of guilt for hurting them, and that's it. We all know it's always easier for ones who are leaving.

• @little_bird1 no luv, ur wrong and any grown-up will tell your wrong. . Also this is given that the person isn't just a fuck buddy etc. If this person had any significance in your life you do feel bad, but in any situation it is what it is and you move on but you do feel bad.. but if you're just a fuck buddy. The nonsense you speak of is for whores. Not women of class.

What Guys Said 2

• One reason the person would be sad is :

1. If the person you are breaking up with is very nice, very soft hearted but you are breaking up for you own good and for reasons like that person is a bit boring, or that person isn't assertive enough to defend themselves and so on. This could be one reason the person who is breaking up could be sad.

It's hard to say but I can't think of some other reason.

• I would be sad because a chapter of my life was ending, because my hopes and dreams for this person had all been dashed upon the rocks, because I had been reminded once again of the frailty of life and the plans that we make.