Guys, once a cheater always a cheater?

Is the saying 'once a cheater always a cheater' true? My ex and I broke up almost a year ago. He says he loves me and he doesn't want to be with me right now because he doesn't want to hurt me. He says he feels like he can't be with only one woman at this point and who knows what the future holds, yadda, yadda... Well, I know for a fact that he is cheating on his 'girlfriend'. Is it safe to assume that this is how he is? Can he change? Does he just need to get all of this out of his system?

5

Most Helpful Guy

• At least he's being honest with you and it's great to hear that you're not taking it personally or aren't devastated. I suspect he'll eventually find someone with so much chemistry and compatible kinks that he won't cheat. As a recovering chroni cheater, I can tell you that I stopped when I lost a relationship that meant so much to me. I was in pain a long time over the loss. I swore I wouldn't cheat again. MIght I if the chance arose? I don't think so but Im not certain. My wife and I are quite happy.

What Guys Said 4

• There is this saying that a tree gets its shape when its young, a person thats in his 7's will be the same in 70's. Its a personality. To change that guy you have to but soooo much effort and wait for him to accept the change and be able to change which is so rare.

So ye, once cheater always a cheater. Once you cheat and see that nothings happen to you emotionally things just fly past character morals all go down.

• Valar Morghulis - all cheaters must die

• Probably not. People change behaviors all the time.

• Yes they are characterless.